What's the best Co2 regulator/solenoid for a calcium reactor?

steevareno

BRS Member
I have a blueline on mine but it doesn't keep the bubble count steady over a period of a few days. I need one that will keep my levels stable! Can i just get a better needlewheel valve?

I'm using the Aquamedic regulator and it is superb. Much better than the one that came with the reactor(MRC). It has an auto operating pressure so you dont have to set it and it's very accuarate and steady. I have the aquamedic solenoid but it is not use.

"It has an auto operating pressure" - what is this feature and where can i buy one? thanks...

It automatically set the pressure for you, It's usually about 20-25psi. Unlike other regulator where you have to set the pressure yourself. So you basically hook it up and set your Co2 rate.

Steevareno, I use a Blueline as well and all I need to do is readjust the buble count after 24 hours and then it holds for months. I haven't gone longer than 2-3 months with out playing with the reactor so I don't know how long it would go without the need for readjusting. May want to look into it possibly being defective.

I have yet to find a needle valve that doesn't need constant adjustment. The Milwakee (sp) is junk. The aquamedic is OK but i also have problems keeping it stable.

Back