Swordsman82

BRS Member
Hey everyone

I have some very large hammer, frogspawn, and torch colonies in my tanks. They need to be fragged but the white tissue at the base is very thick and covering most if not all of the skeleton underneath.

Is generally safe to cut thru the white tissue of the coral? I am assuming it will be very rough on the coral and cause an infection.

I would be doing the fragging with a dremel with diamond saw blade. And dropping them in Brightwell Frag Recover dip afterwards.

Any advice would be handy.

I know most try to avoid cutting through the white flesh and try to just go through the skeleton only like you mentioned to reduce infection. Do you have any pics by chance that might help get better advice?

I
I know most try to avoid cutting through the white flesh and try to just go through the skeleton only like you mentioned to reduce infection. Do you have any pics by chance that might help get better advice?
i can throw some pictures up tonight

Frogspawn, hammer, torch

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 37
I personally never try to cut the flesh it can be a infection very fast. The green torch looks like only one I would frag in the picture. Euphyllia is also a coral i prefer to frag with a bandsaw because it shatters very easy with bone cutters.

I agree with above just the torch. Second pic is close but still some flesh I wouldn’t risk it personally euphyllia for me is finicky.

Back