Where do I look for an All-in-one aquarium computer system

Royalty

Reefer In Training
I was in search of a aquarium computer, That can moniter my water levels/temp/salt/nitrate/nirites/amonnia etc. where do I start my search and whats the most trusted name brand? Also what would a system like this cost me $$?

I don't think that exists.

I had thought there was some kind of aquarium computer that did something? I seen one on a youtube video by the L.A fishguy's they where working on a 120 acrylic tank for a customer and the customer had it on mounted to the front of the stand ?

you looking for a a controller? not sure if a reef computer exists..
get yourself a reefkeeper, you can get the basic model for 99 bucks then add on what you need.

Unfortunately no one makes an "all in one" monitor/controller. to monitor basic things like Temp, PH, ORP, and salinity plus control multiple devices, you can't go wrong with the Reefkeeper or Apex systems. these range in price from $99 to $700+, depending on what your needs and wants are. To monitor things like Nitrate and calcium, Pinpoint makes monitors for those that are $250 each. IMO the results from these can be suspect, especially Calcium. Other than that it is good old test kits. the price range of an instrument that can do all that you are asking and be accurate is going to be WAY out of almost any hobbyist price range.

Reef angel is new and making a programable controller (meaning you, or the community, can program in features) I'm assuming the possibilities are limitless
as long as memory of machine and probes available etc.

You can conveniently monitor temp, ph, orp, salinity and o2 and also automate functions (lights, heaters, autotopoff, etc) with a decent controller (reefkeeper or apex). As always, the more money, the more is available.

Unfort there aren't probes for monitoring everything.. and some that are available are cost prohibitive. I'd think just monitoring temp and ph is adequate. When you have an up and stable system, just using test kits periodically is fine.

I should be getting an Apex this week. But you can't really go wrong with other makes. They all work very well and have their own avid fan base.

Back