Where to find local LR cheap?

jaiden

Non-member
I need a few LB of cured LR, but I'm pretty broke after buying all my other stuff for my new tank. Where can I pick some up cheap?

Your best bet for cheap rock is finding someone who is breaking down a tank. Keep your eye on the for sale forums.

Edit...oh yea how many lbs are you looking for?

Last edited:
as much as I can afford... but it looks like 5 to 10 lb is all I'll be able to swing right now.

If you can wait until you see someone breaking down that the least cost option. Other than that you're best bet IMO seeing as you're in Sturbridge would be Aqua Addicts in Salem,NH.

Is AquaDreams in Agawam still there? Maybe them. They were pretty high profile with BRS for a while but disappeared.

I'll probably be selling 10-20 pounds in a couple weeks when I get my tank aquascaped.

Waiting for something like that will save you some money if you're not in a rush. Otherwise AA has good prices, and I hear Marc in Chatham has good prices too, if you have a reason to head that far east.

Nate

Let me know! I definately need something to seed all my base rock... I can wait a few weeks.

I thought SkyDolphin had some free for pickup in Rhode Island. You may want to PM her.

If you don't find something in the next week or two (like FREE from Skyedolphan!) pm me to remind me that you're interested.

Back