Who wants another Contest?

While I like the nano idea might be cost prohibited so it would limit participation. I'm always down for a coral grow out but could be difficult all starting from the same size frag as not everybody could pick up the frags at the same time like when they are all picked up at a meeting...

What about a DIY contest where you can submit any DIY project thread and people vote on their favorite? Limit it to X amount of posts and maybe have different categories of DIY projects so you don't have a small DIY project (like a simple culturing idea going up against against a more difficult/expensive DIY project like say an in wall tank build).

While I'm typing my mind is spinning (as it normally does and it's annoying o_O what about a DIY project that is all the same and have a thread documenting how it was made and people vote on the thread and the methods used to make it and how the project turns out? Like maybe making a DIY chaeto reactor or DIY frag rack or something similar?

That's all I have for now I'm sure throughout the day I'll have a bunch more ideas but I just woke up after working late last night...

Sps get all the attention, maybe show the softies some love. Best soft coral pic.

I think the club is looking for a contest such as the coral grow out contests as the club already has a photo contest and usually there is a theme such as LPS/softies/FTS... But I agree maybe a softy themed photo contest may be in order :cool:

We currently have a Hammer grow out contest from November and a somewhat red people eater zoa growout from December.

How about an anenome split, you see how many anenomes you can get in a year or a certain time
I vote for nem splits contest. Pretty confident I got this contest covered :).
120 G display lost count at about 80 splits. Besides the picture quite a few members who got some.
FYI: Still have plenty left to trade.

While I like the nano idea might be cost prohibited so it would limit participation. I'm always down for a coral grow out but could be difficult all starting from the same size frag as not everybody could pick up the frags at the same time like when they are all picked up at a meeting...

What about a DIY contest where you can submit any DIY project thread and people vote on their favorite? Limit it to X amount of posts and maybe have different categories of DIY projects so you don't have a small DIY project (like a simple culturing idea going up against against a more difficult/expensive DIY project like say an in wall tank build).

While I'm typing my mind is spinning (as it normally does and it's annoying o_O what about a DIY project that is all the same and have a thread documenting how it was made and people vote on the thread and the methods used to make it and how the project turns out? Like maybe making a DIY chaeto reactor or DIY frag rack or something similar?

That's all I have for now I'm sure throughout the day I'll have a bunch more ideas but I just woke up after working late last night...
diy frag rack will be cool to see

Best symbiotic relationship pic? I know it’s another photo contest, but with a theme...

Or maybe, highest ratio of varieties of coral to tank volume

Fluval edge reef tank contest. Who can turn the edge into the best nano reef and have to be a themed tank
I did that last week lol

Attachments

• 20200328_164616.jpg
    20200328_164616.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Back