Why me

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
This month has been way to much for me.

First thing that happened;
About 3 weeks ago my main tank started to crash and I couldn't figure out why, I cleaned all the pumps and equipment little over a month before this started and everything was perfect. After I pulled everything out of the tank to break it down and move it to the new 125g I decided let's clean all the equipment again. We'll come to find out my skimmers pumps impeller expanded and was throwing rust into the tank. I said fine because I was able to save most of my coral and all my fish

Second thing happens;
I have been keeping my live rock in a 32g bucket with water and pump and heater monitored by my apex. It's time to start adding the live rock into the new tank to start cycling all over, I take the lid off and it was pure death in the bucket. It's been only a few days sense I put them in the bucket. I then remembered I had a tiger tail cucumber in the live rock that i forgot to remove which nuked the bucket and killed my wife's favorite fish, 3 chromis, and a basslet. Fine that was my fault.

3rd thing that happened;
Someone in my neighborhood decided they are going to break into my hallway and put something into my frag tanks where the rest of my coral and fish are residing and everything starts to die(I didn't find out things are dying until next day). I wake up to bring my son to his bus stop and I check the frag room like I do every morning and I see all white. The day before everything was happy open and flowing. I'm beyond passed at this point and just want to give up(wife won't let me)

4th thing same day as my frag systems;
My middle child comes home huffing and puffing and is in tears. My wife and I keep asking him what's wrong but he didn't answer until he caught his breath. He proceeded to tell us while he was walking home some old guy grabbed him by his backpack and was trying to pull him towards him. My son was able to get away by running as fast as he could and didn't stop until he got home. My wife and I hopped into the car and drove up there right away to find the guy. He was long gone. We called the police and had my son explain to them exactly what happened.

Needless to say I'm past what my brain can handle at this point and have been in tears sense. Well thanks for reading my rant I needed to let it out somewhere

This month has been way to much for me.

First thing that happened;
About 3 weeks ago my main tank started to crash and I couldn't figure out why, I cleaned all the pumps and equipment little over a month before this started and everything was perfect. After I pulled everything out of the tank to break it down and move it to the new 125g I decided let's clean all the equipment again. We'll come to find out my skimmers pumps impeller expanded and was throwing rust into the tank. I said fine because I was able to save most of my coral and all my fish

Second thing happens;
I have been keeping my live rock in a 32g bucket with water and pump and heater monitored by my apex. It's time to start adding the live rock into the new tank to start cycling all over, I take the lid off and it was pure death in the bucket. It's been only a few days sense I put them in the bucket. I then remembered I had a tiger tail cucumber in the live rock that i forgot to remove which nuked the bucket and killed my wife's favorite fish, 3 chromis, and a basslet. Fine that was my fault.

3rd thing that happened;
Someone in my neighborhood decided they are going to break into my hallway and put something into my frag tanks where the rest of my coral and fish are residing and everything starts to die(I didn't find out things are dying until next day). I wake up to bring my son to his bus stop and I check the frag room like I do every morning and I see all white. The day before everything was happy open and flowing. I'm beyond passed at this point and just want to give up(wife won't let me)

4th thing same day as my frag systems;
My middle child comes home huffing and puffing and is in tears. My wife and I keep asking him what's wrong but he didn't answer until he caught his breath. He proceeded to tell us while he was walking home some old guy grabbed him by his backpack and was trying to pull him towards him. My son was able to get away by running as fast as he could and didn't stop until he got home. My wife and I hopped into the car and drove up there right away to find the guy. He was long gone. We called the police and had my son explain to them exactly what happened.

Needless to say I'm past what my brain can handle at this point and have been in tears sense. Well thanks for reading my rant I needed to let it out somewhere
Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck. Hopefully things will turn around for you. Regarding the hallway frag room, is there a way they you can secure it, if it's wide open. A little more context would help out here.

As far as the creep involving you child, sorry to hear, that's crazy. I'd be locked up by now.

Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck. Hopefully things will turn around for you. Regarding the hallway frag room, is there a way they you can secure it, if it's wide open. A little more context would help out here.

As far as the creep involving you child, sorry to hear, that's crazy. I'd be locked up by now.
It's not wide open there is a door on it. It also does have a lock just forgot to lock it that night. I also have a camera in the room but it only records for like two seconds then stops. It only recorded the door opening but not the person.

I definitely would've been in jail if we found him

Holy crap! That's a lot to deal with. Fish and coral can be replaced, but the thing with your son would have pushed me over the edge. Hang in there. Hopefully, your reefing luck improves.

Sorry to hear about all your hardships. Only place to go is up from here. I would be checking ring cameras in the neighborhood for what happened to your son. Maybe you can get a license plate or ID. Then I have to agree with Paul.

Hang in there man.
Everything in life happens for a reason , what doesn't break you will make u stronger believe me.
I've been fighting 2 Heroinated disks for the last 9 weeks . Sometimes to the point of giving up on everything, but then I think on how blessed I am for the people that surround me and the love and support.
God only gives his Toughest soldiers the harder tasks.
He has a plan and he loves u man.
Hang in there and keep loved ones close.
Everything will work out.

Someone broke into your home? And id be staking out in a bush on my kids route home to see if this creep tried that again.

Back