Woman in hobby...

highfive52

FISH and CHIPS
Have you encountered an old timer like me. We love, we give, to further hobby. So hope you meet us. Biologists, divers, ones that care what happens to hobby. Fear not reach out. Love

Attachments

• 20210813_190757_HDR.jpg
    20210813_190757_HDR.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 178
This post got me thinking about ratio of men to women in reef keeping, and at the risk of sounding a little old fashioned....... it's backwards!.....lol
I think the maternal instinct is perfectly matched for the commitment needed for success, but most enthusiasts I come into contact with are men and the balance seems out of whack to me.
Does anyone know the ratio of M to F members on this site? I hope I'm not offending anyone if I use the phrase " A woman's touch" but there seems to be a lack of it in the hobby.

I'd also like to say how much I enjoy your posts highfive52, and you add much to this site with your contributions, A sincere thanks to you!

This post got me thinking about ratio of men to women in reef keeping, and at the risk of sounding a little old fashioned....... it's backwards!.....lol
I think the maternal instinct is perfectly matched for the commitment needed for success, but most enthusiasts I come into contact with are men and the balance seems out of whack to me.
Does anyone know the ratio of M to F members on this site? I hope I'm not offending anyone if I use the phrase " A woman's touch" but there seems to be a lack of it in the hobby.

I'd also like to say how much I enjoy your posts highfive52, and you add much to this site with your contributions, A sincere thanks to you!
My names annie

I never thought of taking care of my reef as maternal but it makes perfect sense how overly caring i am to it. We need a poll. Can the moderators run it or do they know.

My names annie
Pleasure to meet you Annie. I honestly have seen my fair share of both sexes and to be honest IMO think that there’s no sexist needed in such an excellent, addictive and full of up and downs hobby. With that being said all in all we all just need correct guidance as all situations are always different and any if all feed back in experiences will keep us thriving going forward.
“HAPPY REEFING” & as the trucker aspect says keep on trucking I’ll state “ Keep on reefing” lol
1628938864044.gif
1628938907057.gif

It's a good discussion.
At least in my recollection, the number of men that show up for meetings has been higher.
But, that doesn't really show very much as some folks don't travel all that far to go to meetings.
I'm sure this could change at any given time depending on who drops out/into the hobby.
If I recall correctly there was a poll at one time reflection the highest age groups of those in the hobby.

It's a good discussion.
At least in my recollection, the number of men that show up for meetings has been higher.
But, that doesn't really show very much as some folks don't travel all that far to go to meetings.
I'm sure this could change at any given time depending on who drops out/into the hobby.
If I recall correctly there was a poll at one time reflection the highest age groups of those in the hobby.
Thats another good poll. Age.

Back