Worried About my new Addition

Owen386

Non-member
Hey Fellow Reefer,

So as some of you might know I have introduced a Dwarf blue tail angel fish into my DT.

First two days my YT was annoying it. ( I say annoying it because he was bothering it, but not like every second the angel would come out of the rock work but only sometimes)

Now this aggression pretty much seized after two days (could not catch the YT) Good!

But it Has been a week now since introduction and I have not seen him Eat!!
I`m getting kind of scared because I know he will surely die soon if he does not eat.

I was wondering If anyone had any suggestion.

I have tried: cycloeezze, fish goo, mysis shrimp and I always soak in garlic and I alwyas have Good quality seaweed out for him.

Help Please!

Fish looks perfect, acting perfect. Expect for the cut he received from scraping rocks from running from the YT that looks like it is healing nicely though. Also I would see the YT the first two days nip at the cut on the angel but now I believe the tang to be helping the angel by removing dead tissue from the wounded area.

-Owen

Lol, angels will eat some corals, i have seen it first hand. On a serious not, i have a yellow and kole tang. The yellow was first. I added the kole and the yellow was quite aggressive towards the kole. After 2 days, the kole fought back. Now they eat together, swim together, never ever fight. With that said, i later added a powder brown (my favorite tang). I have always wanted one and never find any that i think look overly healthy. I finally find one. Its eating in front of me, swimming, acting healthy, all at the LFS. I get him home, acclimate him to my tank, add him in. Kole leaves him alone. Yellow goes nuts on him. This goes on relentlessly until the PB hides. The PB never ate after that. He died 3 days after introduction. Wasnt disease or acclimation related, i have a very healthy tank.

Brightwell Aquatics makes a food soak for angel fish - you might want to order some of that and try it. I think you can buy it from That Pet Place online.

So its been a Few weeks now.

Injury has completely healed on the Angel. There is no Aggression from the YT they are BFF now. Still have not seen the angel eat. Whats the Deal should this Fish not be Dead? Perfectly healthy swimming all over picking at rocks settling down at night etc. etc.. Wheres this fish getting its Food? My Tank is Loaded with Life Could he simply be thriving on that alone? I really Love my Fish and would hate to see this guy perish.

On a Side note I picked up the AngelRX food soak (26.00$ !!!) and my maderin who I have had for 4 months Ate Frozen !!! Sweet not that I felt it was need but still sweet. Have been feeding P.E Mysis Mainly

I don’t know if this will help but it worked for me, i picked up a banggai cardinal about 2 weeks ago and it wouldn’t eat so one night I saw him swimming around looking for food so I fed him while all the other fish were hiding and he ate. From then on he has been eating with the rest of the fish on a daily basis. The angle could also be feeding off your established life in/on the rocks. If you mandarin has can find enough food to live then so can the angle. hope this helps

Back