Would an Aquaclear MOD fuge help?

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I was thinking of adding one of those Aquaclear mods for a fuge onto my 65g since I have no room for a sump.

I would want to use the 110 (aka 500) to get the most water volume possible.

My question is that would it even be beneficial to my tank or would it be to small to even make a difference.

Thanks,
Robby

I was thinking of adding one of those Aquaclear mods for a fuge onto my 65g since I have no room for a sump.

I would want to use the 110 (aka 500) to get the most water volume possible.

My question is that would it even be beneficial to my tank or would it be to small to even make a difference.

Thanks,
Robby

I think they are kinda hard to work within, but it could work.

Do I necessarily need something as large as the 110 for it to be beneficial if all I am going to do is use it for cheato?

I have an aquaclear 30 hanging around my house but its on the smaller side?

why not a reg HOB fuge?

peek around here someone must have one..

I am limited in space behind the tank also, not only depth between the tank and the wall but also along the top edge also since I am running a HOB skimmer along with a phosban reactor.

What are you adding a fuge for? Nutrient export, or just as a place for pods to grow?

IHO HOB fuges are not worthwhile as serious tools for nutrient export, you need bigger ones that can grow a lot of chaeto at once to have a useful tool. But chaeto does provide a Pod Palace, and you can use a HOb fuge as a haven for something that is getting beat up on in a pinch.

M

I was looking more along the lines of nutrient export. I really wish I had room for a larger one under my tank but I can't really get a tank under there because of the brace in the front of the stand.

I was looking more along the lines of nutrient export. I really wish I had room for a larger one under my tank but I can't really get a tank under there because of the brace in the front of the stand.

I know its a bad word, but water changes my friend - in a tank that size its a cinch, do 5 gallons a week.

Mind you this is hypocritical because I almost never do them, but it'll get the job done.

How big is your skimmer?

They sell an 18" HOB aquafuge assuming your 65g is a 36" tank..

I think I even have one kicking around..

How big is your skimmer?

They sell an 18" HOB aquafuge assuming your 65g is a 36" tank..

I think I even have one kicking around..

I have the remora pro, so it is sort of bulky back there especially with the pre-simmer box.

I have the remora pro, so it is sort of bulky back there especially with the pre-simmer box.

but the remora is only like 8" wide..

your 65 is 36" long no??

If you have room for a remora between the wall and the tank you should have room for a HOB fuge.

but the remora is only like 8" wide..

your 65 is 36" long no??

If you have room for a remora between the wall and the tank you should have room for a HOB fuge.

Its a 36", I would have to measure how much space I would have. I do have a phosban reactor behind there also. I really would like to avoid from squishing everything together back there.

I guess on the plus side, I could now put my heater in say one of those HOB fuges and get it out of the display.

Back