Previously - elmafioso52988
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
fcc93218.jpg

6670cce0.jpg

279a859b.jpg

thanks for your help

Anyone else that could confirm that it a blue line? Second opinion

That appears to be a magnetic ballast, of which there are 3 types. Because it says 150W, it should be the correct ballast for a radium lamp which is an "HQI" (actually incorrect name, but that's the name in the trade).

If you could open it up and get the numbers/markings on the ballast you could be more sure, but that's probably the right one.

It says HPS (high pressure sodium)ballast. I know my Galaxy 250 will fire either mh or hps, but that's printed on the ballast. Probably best to contact SS or radium and check.

Oh, I missed that. HPS and MH normally use different ballasts. That may not be the case with electronic ballasts though.

I would say you definately need to find out what exactly is inside that. Contact sunlight supply with the serial number and those pics and see what they can tell you.

That appears to be a magnetic ballast, of which there are 3 types. Because it says 150W, it should be the correct ballast for a radium lamp which is an "HQI" (actually incorrect name, but that's the name in the trade).

If you could open it up and get the numbers/markings on the ballast you could be more sure, but that's probably the right one.

I is a S55 which is high pressure sodium HPS

not sure if HPS are pulse start but radium's need a ballast with built in ignitor "pulse start" or electronics ballasts.

Best to check with the manufacturer as previously advised

right now im ussing ushio bulbs are these bulbs really that different?

Could I run pheonix? What kind of bulbs would work with it or should I just buy a new ballast?

That's not the right ballast for ANY MH lamp. HPS and MH are different kinds of lamps.

I'm not surprised it would fire the current lamp, and possibly many or all other MH lamps, but it's probably overdriving, underdriving, or otherwise not properly matched to the MH lamps.

Might work great, might not work at all, might be dangerous ;)

Ohh I just got it. Lol. Thanks a lot. I apreciate your help Jimmy. Whats a good ballast that I can get?

Back