WOW Irresposible IMO

DangHobbies

Non-member
I was just browsing through pictures and threads on nanoreefs.com and came across this guys 12G nano that had 11 fish in it including a yellow tang and a hippo tang. When people told him what was wrong with all that his response was "I work in the saltwater department at a fish store I know what I ma doing" Man I can't stand ignorant people.

I have been trying to find the link for like a half hour now to post it but i am having trouble finding it i wish i book marked it

Those guys are brutal over there. Glad I don't have a nano on that forum. One thing wrong and they gang up on you like the own the world.

oh and the guy i saw with the 11 fish tried justifying it by saying he can handle the load because he has a 30g sump

This comment had me ROTFLMAO

"Wow! this is kinda funny because I have a cat thats easy to care for and he lives in a 30 gallon tank. I take very good care of him and I know he's happy because I change out 85% of his litter pan once a week! This should be fine because cats are easy to care for. I make sure he has a lot of food. I'm thinking about adding another cat to the tank because I think he'd be happier with a friend, and don't worry, I'll still be doing 85% litter changes.":D

This just about sums it up......sad.
I read on there one time where a guy thought he was adding a good CUC to his 10 gallon.Couldn't figure out why stuff kept dying,turns out his 10 nassarius snails were preditory welks.
There's pretty funny stuff that some folks do with tanks.
It's too bad the critters that are in their charge suffer for it though.

I think i am gonna try to put 20 fish in my nano i should be able to handle the load if i add a 55G sump right who cares if everytime a fish tries to swim somewhere he hits another fish.

I was just browsing through pictures and threads on nanoreefs.com and came across this guys 12G nano that had 11 fish in it including a yellow tang and a hippo tang. When people told him what was wrong with all that his response was "I work in the saltwater department at a fish store I know what I ma doing" Man I can't stand ignorant people.

I could be wrong, but I think one of our members started that thread just to get the tang police going. Was it a while ago or recent?

"Wow! this is kinda funny because I have a cat thats easy to care for and he lives in a 30 gallon tank. I take very good care of him and I know he's happy because I change out 85% of his litter pan once a week! This should be fine because cats are easy to care for. I make sure he has a lot of food. I'm thinking about adding another cat to the tank because I think he'd be happier with a friend, and don't worry, I'll still be doing 85% litter changes.":D

This just about sums it up......sad.
I read on there one time where a guy thought he was adding a good CUC to his 10 gallon.Couldn't figure out why stuff kept dying,turns out his 10 nassarius snails were preditory welks.
There's pretty funny stuff that some folks do with tanks.
It's too bad the critters that are in their charge suffer for it though.

the whole cat thing was to make fun of a guy who is keeping all this fish in a 15gal tank...he's got rabbit fish in there etc I believe...its not right but he thinks the fish are happy...some ppl over there dont know what they are doing, but for the most part its a good spot (at least IME)

edit: yea thats the guy from the links above...i dont think he has a clue as to whats going on

There are a lot of boneheads over at that forum. I stopped going there awhile ago when I saw that it is mainly a bunch of kids (and adults with the mentality of kids). People over there act like they are informed with the hobby, but very few actually know what they are doing.

just saying, IME, its been a good time and I have gotten some good information from there. Other ppl I just tend to ignore what they are talking about

There are stupid people, there are cruel people...

...and in rare instances, there are stupid cruel people.

Overstocking has always been the easiest way to get flamed, at least going back as long as I've been on fish message boards (anyone remember FishIndex?). I love it when these twits try to defend it.

I'm very thankful that it doesn't seem to occur in the BRS. I wonder if people are just better fishkeepers in our club?

I seem to remember a YouTube video from a few years back of a dude who had several full grown angels (among other large fish) in like a 40gal, and was actaully quite proud of it. He had the video of the fish swimming to music and everything, and was incensed that people posted in with negative comments.

Matt:cool:

I struggle with thoughts I am crowding my tank because I have that many fish IN A 92! :D

I won't add in the 150 sump or 40 fuge either

I think alot of us overstock... I have, and I still do worry about my fish from time to time even in a 125.

But there's "overstocking", and then there's Overstocking. The Big-O overstocking, IMO, crosses into animal cruelty.

Matt:cool:

It's all I had room for in the corner. :eek:

It was that, or throw away my TV. :eek: In retrospect.........not sure on that decision :rolleyes: I watch the tank more than the tube.

I tried to convince my wife to rip off the deck at the back of our house and replace it with a solarium/fish room, but the project got $hot down by fi$cal con$ideration$......

Back