Yeep! Forcast low 90's for the weekend!

NateHanson

Non-member
It's 84 right now, and the weekend forcast is for low 90-degree temps! Better stock up on cold beer, and I'd better get the AC installed in our bedroom.

Keep an eye on your tank temps. It's gonna be a scorcher! :)

ya,,put 1st floor AC in couple days ago.. i better go to the bigK now and get the kids a pool. thanks for the heads up...

I have managed to keep the 150 at 80 with just a fan but i think i had better hook my chiller up now.
I also found by using my daily automated water changes i can drop the temp by 1 degree daily ;)

Last edited:
I put the ac in the bedroom last night, i already have central air but its nice to have both...cools things down quickly... tank still got to 83.7 yesterday...so Im really hoping Im not going to have to buy a chiller. :)

Luckily I put my window AC units in last Friday before the weekend scorcher. But yesterday was cool and I didnt expect today to be so warm so the ACs are "off" right now. Already put a call into the wife to turn them "on" when she gets home:)

Its 89 in Newbury right now.....

I am really glad I hooked up the chiller...Last year was a nightmare. I was so nervous when I left for vacation last year.

Basement sump with a big fan over it has the tank at 80.8 today. 77 in the living room right now, and 86 outside.

Hmm... It tends to stay cool in my apt... I hope the water temp hasn't gone up. I left my ceiling fan on in the living room to hopefully keep both tanks at a decent temp. I guess I'll find out when I get home!

With central air at 78, tank is at 79 with 2 4" fans in canopy and a 6" fan blowing across the sump

Armando, did you try calling Oasis like I recommended to you?? I just had them come out and my compressor needed a slight charge of freon to bring it back to optimal

yes i called Oasis last year and the guy that came by was 100% useless. It was the worst $90 (for the visit) i've spent. He said there wasn't anything wrong with the AC. Well, if the AC is on 24 hours a day and the house is 100 degrees there MUST be something wrong!

Armando said:
yes i called Oasis last year and the guy that came by was 100% useless. It was the worst $90 (for the visit) i've spent. He said there wasn't anything wrong with the AC. Well, if the AC is on 24 hours a day and the house is 100 degrees there MUST be something wrong!
if he didn't fix the problem, why did you pay for the service call? I would have not let him leave if it was not cold...sorry you had a bad experience. They've always taken care of any issues I've encountered.

well it was a long discussion and it wasn't getting anywhere. my next option would be to call the police but i decided to let go. it's good it worked for you. for me it did nothing.

When I lived in the dorm in Hawaii, my room was stuck at 84 degrees, despite 24/7 air conditioning. My buddy's romm was a nice 73 degrees. I called the AC guys and they came over to check the problem just about every month. They confirmed the AC unit was running and that the air coming out of the duct was 70 degrees.
As far as they were concerned, the AC unit was working well. The problem was that not enough air was making down to my end of the dorm.
The solution they came up with was buying a new rooftop AC unit and making sure each dorm room got the same flow. They never executed the solution because it was too much money, and those in charge didn't think 84 degrees was a hardship for me to endure. They were right, it wasn't too bad.
But maybe there's the problem, Armando, the bldg's AC unit is just undersized?

Moe i'm not sure. but the AC unit was there since the previous owner so i'm assuming it is the correct size and it just needs freon or some repair or entire replacement. i hope it doesn't need to be replaced (or upgraded) because i would need to hire a crane to get it up there and it would be $$$.

I've been thinking about installing a 15k BTU unit in my living room and vent it through the garage. I'd need to build about 10 l.f. of duct work and cut an approximate 2' x 3' hole in the living room wall. Is this a bad idea?
I'd prefer to just put the a/c unit into a window, but my windows open side by side as opposed to up and down, so it won't fit.

Probably be easier to replace one of your windows Mark. Or just install it through an exterior wall rather than through your garage. Under or over a window would be an easy place for it.

Nate

My AC been running since yesterday.
Tank temp is at 81.
The only thing left now is to remind my lazy a** to rinse out some empty coke bottles and fill it with RODI and put it in the freezer in case it gets really really hot.
It's gonna be a hot summer.

Back