Zeovit

CaptainAndy

Non-member
Any first hand expereinces with Zeovit? Spoke with someone at a LFS last week who said he had amazing results so I'm considering giving it a shot

i think everyone who has used zeovit has had great results its just the money upfront to start the zeovit thats turns people away like myself so i decided to dose vodka instead 5 dollars compared to almost a grand i better to me lol but take it with a grain of salt but if i did have the money no doubt i would be using zeovit

i think everyone who has used zeovit has had great results its just the money upfront to start the zeovit thats turns people away like myself so i decided to dose vodka instead 5 dollars compared to almost a grand i better to me lol but take it with a grain of salt but if i did have the money no doubt i would be using zeovit

a grand,what size system? You can get a starter kit including a reactor for $200

In addition to the cost, you may want to ask yourself if you want corals that look the way they look in zeovit and other ULNS types of systems. Some like the look, others say they are unnatural looking

In addition to the cost, you may want to ask yourself if you want corals that look the way they look in zeovit and other ULNS types of systems. Some like the look, others say they are unnatural looking

IME so far they look plenty natural If you only use the components to reduce nutrients. I haven't tried any of the coloration parts of the system. I have not used it long term but I have had good results. The start up cost is fairly significant however the day to day running cost is not too bad, it is less than dosing 2 part for calcium and Alk. A dab will do you with Zeovit

The results I have seen are healthier corals/livestock all the way around. Including my clam which is returning to the original coloration as it had when I purchased it. Gold lines and blue spots, opposed to the purple it had settled at. Water clarity is also excellent that was the first thing I noticed. Similar to ozone without the dangers of ozone.

It is no miracle serum my tank still has issues as do all reef tanks, but it definitely works. It has reduced my overall work on the tank.

Zeovit also keeps phosphates in check without the worry of foreign metals being added to my tank as in the case of GFO. Zeovit is also more effective at reducing phosphates GFO. I have no science to my theory but I believe GFO to be the cause of alot of STN issues people cannot explain. It is also very expensive to run for for the results it yields

I am by no means an expert on the Zeovit system, far from it. I just couldn't ignore the results people were having.

I'd realy like to give Zeovit a try but I'm on the road for work a couple days at a time, a couple times a month. From what I've heard this system requires daily attention so it might not be a good fit for me. Is this a fairly accurate assessment?

I'd realy like to give Zeovit a try but I'm on the road for work a couple days at a time, a couple times a month. From what I've heard this system requires daily attention so it might not be a good fit for me. Is this a fairly accurate assessment?

Steve, it would be foolish not to buy this with all the money your lights made for you today.

I just got in the mail today the Vertex zeo reactor... so I'll be starting soon enough :)

Interesting response. Haven't heard many complain about bright and vivid coloration though.

I agree with Randy about the unnatural look...

I remember seeing a TOTM on reefkeeping magazine IIRC that used this and the corals looks like someone took a magic marker to them, totally unnatural and looked horrible IMO...

this would not pose a problem.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In a sense, maintaining a reef, with all the necessary equipment, can be considered very unnatural. I can tell you that I've been diving for over 30 years, all over the world, and I have never seen the color that I see in my tanks. Perhaps the next time I dive I should bring along an actinic light::

I can tell you that I've been diving for over 30 years, all over the world, and I have never seen the color that I see in my tanks.

Are you using zeovit?

Many folks who have seen natural reefs think it looks unnatural, more so than other methods, and if you are using zeovit, you seem to agree(???), so I'm not sure why you think my comment odd.

The pastel coloration is, in the opinion of many folks who have seen lots of both zeovit reefs and natural ocean reefs, not the natural color seen in the ocean, with either natural or photographic lighting. If you make your tank look unnatural with lots of actinic, then that too is unnatural, but at least it is only a visual perception issue, and not something that has actually changed the coral itself into an unnatural form.

Back