Zoanthids & Palythoas

Some truly splendid varieties! It looks like they are thriving in yor tank.

WHat are your principle sources?
Ralph

Principal sources? Like where do I get them? From fellow local hobbyists only ;)

And thank you for the compliment, so far most are doin ok :)

Great start! I remember your other tank, I have always liked your "different" style. Looking forward to see how this(or your new tank) progress.

I think it is going to look awesome, with different colored zoa columns for the fish to weave through.

If you are keeping it in that tank for a while, I wonder if you could get zoas (or more easily GSP?) to climb up the standpipes?

I thought about that with the standpipes. But it won't be more than 2 or 3 months. I do wana do something like that will the back wall of whatever I end up with long term though. And/or the overflow if the new tank I go with has one. Those would both work awesome. I was thinking Xenia or gsp :)

Great looking zoas and palys. I really like the aquascape, reminds of Roman/Greek temple ruins.

Lookin good Neal. Have you ever considered a stonehenge theme :)

I love this man. The simplistic look makes you really focus in on the coral themselves and appreciate each of them. j/c what you running for flow on the 40? It looks like 2 MP10's? What setting do you have them at?

Two non wireless mp10's set at reef crest and set at about 60% (7 of the 12 LEDs lit lol). Mag drive 3.5 return which also feeds a carbon reactor.

And thank you for the kind words :)

Last edited:
Some new ones still opening. Speckled purple body and a greenish skirt. We'll see what keeps and what doesn't, lol. I bought this same strand as "rose nebulas" a couple years ago.

Another new pick up from yesterday, fully open today. Colors suck in pic. Tyree pink elephants from cultivated reef originally.

Blue hornets that have only been in system like 15 mins at time of pic. Not showing their pattern yet. My second frag of these in my system now.

Added a second frag of pink zippers today. Like the blue hornets, they were just added prior to pic.

I'll take one of each please! =). Really nice collection and definitely a really cool idea the setup you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My second addition of these. Got them today, this is 30 mins into my tank. The other are also doing fantastic :)

Back