Zoas Dying

sixspeed

Non-member
Hey i have had a frag of green bay packer zoa's for about 3 months or so, i actually bought it off the boards here. It has looked great since the other day. Then slowly a few polyps started to not open the other day, and now today a significant number more arent opening. What is going on, how can i save these?

Closed polyps don't necessarily mean they're dying. I've had some stay closed for weeks and open later just fine. What are your parameters?

Need more info for a specific problem before anybody can really help. Pics would be worth a thousand words. Any white dots on them? Any fuzzy hazy coatings over them? Any strange tank happenings? What are your parameters? Got to know what the possibilities are before anyone can send you in a specific direction to help bring them back. I have done it myself with my own a few times, so can probably help you but tell us more please.....If you have any number of zoas, I would recommend keeping some Furan2 on hand and also some hydrogen peroxide. Both very good IME at combatting some of the more common problems with zoas. Also www.zoaid.com very good at helping as well.........look at the pics there and see if yours look like those.

Back