zoas haveing babys

gsxr750

Non-member
I have some zoas that I got to reproduce sexually instead of budding at the base into a new one ..I was wondering if anybody experienced this also...

I have some zoas that reproduced sexually by spawning and covered a small pice of rock with tiny zoas . I emailed john k some pics already he said he never saw that happen in captivity I can email you some too if your interested ,I would post pics on thread but my phone won't let me for some reason ..

Yup, I saw those pics and I can't say they are NOT baby zoas. Time will tell.

If this is captive zoa spawning, then it is big news for the larger reefing community IMO.

I smooshed it quite a bit getting the size to fit, but here's the pic you sent me.

Attachments

• IMAG2417.jpg
    IMAG2417.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 449
Blue Planet has an episode on "The Coral Sea" (it's on Netflix). They talk about corals propagating this way. I've heard some reefers say (on this site) that they've seen this happen in their aquarium. Pretty cool stuff. I also learned (also from Blue Planet) that surgeonfish release eggs into the water-and males then rush to fertilize them. I've wondered whether that's why tangs haven't been known to reproduce in captivity.

Interesting, I am confused where are the baby zoas in the photo? Thanks

I believe there the fuzzy brown ones beteween the green ones...
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

If the little fuzzy things in between the zoas, they are not zoas.

Then I dunno just my guess
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

They are zoas for sure ...as they grow I will keep posting pics ..in person you can really tell they are getting the green color like their parent ..

looking forward to see some close-up pics, they don't look like zoas from the photo posted.

I know its tuff to see them in the pic ,they are growing quick I will have some new pics soon I have anothe frag of the same zoas that spawned too once they get bigger I will have some pics too

Back