zoas haveing babys

Great ..iam glade people are interested ...and by the way your tank is awesome love the stacked blocks I like when people think outside of the box ..I would love to see a full pic of your whole tank from a few feet back to get the full effect (I seen the nice close up pics on your thread looks killer man )

I am still sticking with my guesses and still think they are not zoos? I bet they will spread with out getting larger, sorry. They look invasive!

They look more and more like zoas everyday ..under my moon lights they are lime green just like their parents ..I will take some pics tonight ..

Feel free to e-mail me a pic to post again if you still can't figure out how.

I'm fairly skeptical like some of the others (I still guess pocilipora that settled via polyp bail out), but I do hope you're right that those really are baby zoas, it would be very cool to see something new in the hobby :) .

I had some red shrooms reproduce sexually with some green ones and now I have baby shrooms popping up with red bodies and green spots

I had some red shrooms reproduce sexually with some green ones and now I have baby shrooms popping up with red bodies and green spots

How do you know the reproduced sexually and not by budding? Not saying you're wrong, just looking to clarify :)

Hey king ,they are getting bigger and darker in color ..its Soo tuff to get good pics with my camera phone only 8.0 megapixels but they are deffinitly growing and its been fun watching them iam gonna try to take some pice again tomorrow

Hey guys I been real occupied to say the least but iam back in the reef game and I just want to say first that KING FISH ,JOHN K AND DP 28688 you guys where right they are not baby zoas it was montipora ..I never had any montipora in my tank so I have no clue where it came from ..but you guys where absolutly right especially DP 286 it looked just like the pic you posted ....and johns reef I thought this was a place to seek knowledge from other people in the hobby ...sorry I was wrong but none of it was b.s...anyways thanks to all the helpful people on this site that helped me so far

If it looks like montipora polyps, but seems to have grown out of nowhere there is a good chance it's actually pocillipora. Pocillipora often multiplies via "polyp bail out" where live polyps sort of eject from the original colony and then settle on a substrate and grow into a new colony. You easily could have gotten a frag or rock that had the pocillipora settled on it but not noticable until it grew some. (of course montipora is also possible, but this sounds a lot like pocillipora. They look super similar when it's just a cluster of encrusting polyps.)

Back