zoo id?

scottv1025

Non-member
i saw these on reef central . I WANT THEM!!

Attachments

• black zoos.jpg
    black zoos.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 249
They look like "X-Men" palys to me. I want some too.:D I believe they may also referred to as "Lunar Eclipse" palys, on some sites.

I could be wrong, it's hard to tell with the dark pic....

-Gina

Last edited:
You can look around on
www.zoaid.com

Not to open a can of worms,
but the whole zoa name/ID thing can get into the debatable world of "designer name" or "collector" or "extrordanarily over priced name brand color morphs". Anyone remember when RBTA's were going for $150-400?

I won't go on a total rant here,
but this hobby gets trendy at times, and the trends (like designer names, ie anything "tyree") can help to locate some fantastic looking corals/zoa's, but can also create insanely inflated prices. ALSO! Beware of photoshopped pics, they are very common with "designer corals for sale".

(FWIW, IMO the BRS people that I know of are much more reasonable about pricing such corals than the rest of the reefkeeping community overall)

Oh yea, I agree, those are some great looking zoa's.

Sorry to go off on a tangent......

Edit; Ok Steve hinted at the same tangent while I was typing, so I guess I'm not the only one. :)

I know what it is and I can't tell you...you know, it is out there...

I believe Xmen are a name some company gave the pink rim people eaters. They are both the same if I remember correctly.

Mine looked that way when I first go them.... then the outer ring (like liams and clam man) turn orange. I recently change bulbs, maybe they'll change back....:rolleyes:

also, when they changed i had 10k's now I have 12's

bob

Xmen it is
you could tell with the lighter color of the mouth (or so I thought??) and bright orange rims

I sold those when I broke the tank down - they were 25$/polyp at some site from what I remember...i sold 4 polyps for 65$ on this site...I hope they're doing well but EXCELLENT piece to have...really really bright and amazing colors

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Back