zoo spider

FOXYB

reefer madness
i may have a zoo spider i saw a couple small legs coming outta a rock near my zoos. i cant get a pic till later seeing my gf has the camera but i pretty sure it is. should i pull the rock? are there any known predators of the zoo spider. and is there any possibility that is could be a baby crab

Hey Bijan.....can't help you with your spider problem, but I've read a few of your prior threads.....sounds like you've got some nice additions. While your taking pics......how bout you throw in some extras so we can see your progress! :D

i def will thanks i got some even more new additions and i will be posting em

I'd play it safe and do a FW dip on the rock in question. Even if it turns out to be just a small crab, why take the chance.

will the zoos in question be affected by the dip they are expensive/ delicate

IMO, you should be ok. A few minutes in FW shouldn't hurt them. I've done it in the past with no ill effects. They will close for a little while.

Edit: It is at your own risk though. Do what you feel safe with.

Before you do anything drastic, are you sure what you have is a pest?

From your description it sounds like it could be a number of desirable critters. Mini brittle stars for one do this when they are collecting food, all they're legs up in the water from the rock could look like spiders.

ive gotten a good look at him and pops out of different holes def looks like a spider. it has harryish legs like an emerald crab

its not an isopod or copepod but dosnt match the pic of the spider my critter has hairy legs like an e crab

its a baby crab!

he fully came out of the rock and i can see his whole body including his little black pinchers hes hairy all over only a face a mother could love. could there be a mother in my tank?

Attachments

• pics 008.JPG
    pics 008.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 111
  • pics 014.JPG
    pics 014.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 109
looks like a hairy crab to me... like mark said hairy= bad generally speaking.

Either way, i'd take it out just to be safe...

Back