Zoos + lighting

Mikeaveli21

Back in the game
Hey everyone quick Q...would it be possible to keep zoos under 48 watts of 50/50 PC lights? I tried a search but came up empty.

Also wat else would I be able to keep besides some mushrooms?

Thanks

You're at 4wpg. You should be fine for zoos, softies etc, maybe not SPS. With the Nano DX you really don't have much room to upgrade do you?

How do you like the tank? I am looking at getting one for my SO.

I've seen people mod the hood with a few more PC's, but I would ruin the damn thing. Yeh sps aren't even part of the equation, for reasons of size and more importantly lack of MH's. At this point I just don't have room for a larger tank so I will be satisfied with anything that will thrive in my tank. Thanks for the responses guys.

What is there for a ballast in there? Can you drop in a bigger one and run the bulbs overdriven?

The ballast reads 24w 100vol/60hz. I don't see why replacing the ballast and overdriving the bulbs won't work. But how much do you think that would add? Also the bigger problem is, I have no electrical capabilities except plugging stuff in and lining up male and female parts. It would just suck to do all that for a minimal increase. But definitely an option to consider.

I would say, yes it's damn possible.
I kept zoos in my 55 with the strip lights that come with the tank. Zooanthids multiplied well. Had a nice big patch in a couple of months.

Mikeaveli21 said:
thanks for the link mini

I thought the lighting in the Nano Deluxe was pretty decent, 48w of PC on a 12g should be plenty for almost anything really. Should have decent penetration the tank is only 12" deep or so. Is there something you don't like about the current light?

No, it was more of a Q...to make sure it was decent...I'm used to larger tanks. So I didn't know how it would translate at this depth. But so far it seems sufficient for what I need it for. Thanks to all for their help/responses.

Back