Search results

1. aresangel

Sold 72 Bowfront set up $200 OBO

72 gallon bowfront with custom built canopy sump and modified center brace. Includes: All rock pink gorgonian purple sponge and purple star polys. Old heaters /pumps that have been running for 5 years+ Looking to save electricity and the tank has been neglected. Grape curperla from the sump...
  2. aresangel

Ann. March 22nd Meeting, Hollie Putnam- Taunton VFW 12-4 pm

Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment) The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Sunday, March 22th, 11am to 3:00pm with Hollie Putnam of University of Rhode Island. Hollie Putnam is the founder of Putnam...
  3. aresangel

Nominations for 2020 BOD.

Hi everyone, this is copied from a couple years ago. It is that time to step up and support the club with your time energy and expertise. We are looking for anyone interested in running for the BoD. Here are the details below: please announce your intention to run by December 20th to be on...
  4. aresangel

New ato/reservoir combo? Christmas themed

https://hohohoh2o.com/products/automatic-christmas-tree-waterer Saw this add on Facebook and thought price wasn’t bad. Needs a new holder for a fish tank but 70 bucks for ato, 2.5 gallon reservoir... not bad
  5. aresangel

Message from the BOD- Thank you for supporting the club

Since we applied our clubs rules we on Facebook we continue to get people upset they can’t benefit from our community for free. I recently wrote this on Facebook but wanted to share here as it a part of our club’s mission. “Just a reminder to everyone. This hobby survives because of 2...
  6. aresangel

Still a couple vendor spots available at show!

The 3rd annual Fragtastic Show is coming up September 22nd! We still have a few coral vendor spots available and several dry goods spots. If you have some frags you want to set up at the show it is $25 for a 3’ shared table and $50 for a 6’ full table. Bring your corals, equipment, goods and...
  7. aresangel

Voting time- July Photography Contest

Vote for your favorite! http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/july-photography-contest-zoanthids.165071/#post-1389548 Winner gets a $50 gift card to one of our sponsors! Check out the sponsor forums and photography forum for future contest and what you could get with that prize money!
  8. aresangel

Reef Deal Forum sponsors and their deals!

Hey everyone! As you are aware the BOD is making a move to bring large frag tank operators, stores, and auction groups into forum sponsors. Check out the following pages to see what they have! Acro Garden- not just acros, but sps, lps, and zoas! Concord MA. Long time sponsor and great deals...
  9. aresangel

Ann. New Forum sponsor!!! Backwoods reef

Hey everyone, I wanted to reach out and let you all know @BackwoodsReefs is a new forum sponsor. Kyle has been at our frag show and many others and is always buying, selling, collecting hot new corals. Located in NH just over the MA boarder (around Fitchburg area) back woods reefs is full...
  10. aresangel

New Sponsor!!!

Please welcome @frank180reef as one of our new forum sponsors! Frank is located in Groton MA and has an awesome selection of nems, lps, zoas, and more! You may have seen him at frag shows or at or events and we are happy to have him transition into a Sponsor position. All contests such as...
  11. aresangel

April 20th Meeting, Taunton and Tank Tour!

We have a bit of a different/old style meeting this month! We will be meeting in Taunton MA at the VFW for drinks, water testing, and fragging. There will be two time slots to sign up for for the Tank tour. The tank being toured is Paul @reefkeeper2 Paul can accommodate about 10-15 people at...
  12. aresangel

Reef Deal Auction Eye Candy!

Do I collected a lot of dry goods for the auction. Here are the pictures I took today. That doesn’t include what is in @jamesdong009 ‘s storage locker. Check out the link for dry good donations! Along with that swag we also have a 75 gallon tank with stand and sump in the storage locker...
  13. aresangel

Ann. Available BOD positions

Since we didn’t have a January meeting we were not able to publically make a call on open BOD positions. We currently have 3 spots available. 1- VP of PR. Job entails gathering sponsors, maintaining professional relationships and other duties as required by the general BOD. 2 open BOD...
  14. aresangel

Free Free tanks Weymouth

Hey everyone. Free tanks/spare glass. Pm me for address bring a friend to load. 125 peninsula drilled bean animal. Bulkheads included 55 gallon sump. Cracked bottom trim. 75 gallon old school tank no center brace. Chipped glass. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. aresangel

Free Giving it away? Donate it to the club Auction!

Hi Everyone! It is that time of year again where we are starting to collect donations for the Auction. We picked up a generous donation from Manny yesterday and wanted to cast a wider net. Have something that you want to give away? Want to help support the club? Donate it to the 2019 BRS...
  16. aresangel

Ann. Annual BRS Auction! March 10, Framingham Elks

Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members-(family friendly environment) Paid members- Free admission Non-members- $10 per paddle. When? March 10th, 2019 Annual BRS Auction Framingham Elks 450 Union St, Framingham MA 12pm-5PM Hello Everyone! The Auction is...
  17. aresangel

Ann. February 17th Meeting- Wakefield MA. DYI meeting/frag swap

Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment):) The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Sunday, February 17th, noon to 3:00pm. The location is: West Side Social Club 4 Harrington court Wakefield MA 01880 DYI...
  18. aresangel

Wild Caught vs Aquacultured When?

Hi everyone, I was thinking about the length of time it takes for one to say a coral is wild caught vs aquacultured. For example, If I buy a colony of some acro. I frag that acro over and over again. Are the frags aquacultured? would my colony be deemed aquacultured after a while? Or...
  19. aresangel

Sat. December 8th meeting. Elections and free food! Framingham MA

Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members(family friendly environment) The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on Saturday December 8th, 2018 12:00PM to 4:00PM NO PATRIOTS FOOTBALL THIS DAY! We still have open/uncontested positions for next...
  20. aresangel

Let's see who has the most :p This month's growout coral will be a Orange Bam Bam's donated by @Countryreefer Here are the rules, which are subject to change, based upon previous contests: - All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral - Growout coral must be picked...
Back