2014/2015 Emergency Assistance Thread

jamesdong009

Anthony
With the current storm underway and winter at our doorsteps, I figured I would start a new emergency assistance thread.

I have the following available if anyone needed anything in a pinch:

-battery operated air pumps
-multiple heaters
-carbon
-powerheads
-RODI water
-saltwater
-15 gallon tanks
-60g rubbermaid stock tank

There's plenty more and I should have everything needed to set up a temporary tank. Feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread if anything is needed in case of an emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be running a generator in Newton, Mass... so if anyone goes down and needs a place to store coral or fish while you get up, you're welcome to come by. Shoot me a PM. I have a cycled 20G QT that's been fallow for months.

I have a 75 gallon tank always running for emergency need. If anyone need to house coral in an emergency, you are welcome to bring the corals over.

My tank is fully battery backed-up for the time being, so if people in or around newton/brighton/allston run into anything we can dump some stuff in the sump, frag tank, or DT until electricity comes back.

Three 600 CCA batteries wired to an inverter should run the pumps for a couple minutes :) I already have it set to turn the pumps on 15 min on - 15 min off if we do lose power! No lights will work, but both returns, powerheads, and skimmer should sustain life for a while

Good to see this thread. I was wondering if someone was going to start one up.

All good here in North Reading, hoping I don't need to see how long my computer backup last. but have battery air stones etc.

Worst should be over after this last band coming through now (9pm) and winds slowly diminishing overnight.

this storm was kind of a bust for RI....... a chunk or two flew out of the hurricane wall into the road. that's about it

also i have a generator on standby (still have power) if anyone needs a place to keep coral till the power comes back on. will have to ok it with the parents tho

Hope everyone is doing well after Sandy.

Let's try to keep this thread clean and just list what you have available for those in need.

I forgot to add that I do have a small portable generator for those that need it.

finally got my power back on.

Wish I had seen this thread... lost a flame angle and blue star leopard wrasse =(

I know much of south county in Rhode Island is still without power as is southern Connecticut. If anyone needs a small generator, I have one.

i also have a 3000w gen that some can use if still with out power . this thing will run every thing in your tank

most tanks

Last edited:
Back