Anyone have experience with the Newer (2014-2015) Cadlights Artisan II tank?

wolffman1992

Non-member
So this past weekend I woke up and was looking at my tank in the morning drinking some coffee. And I realized my feet were wet. ...Yup. So my 72 bow front is leaking. I am basically all done with buying used tanks because in the last two years two used tanks have leaked on me and the transferring process is extremely stressful and a PITA. I did some research and figured that the fastest, cheapest, and best option was to purchase a new Cadlights Artisan II 70 gallon. I will be posting a transfer/build thread some time next week explaining how I did everything and my reviews of the tank. As we all know in this hobby nothing is cheap and this take was no exception to the rule. I love the rimless look and have wanted a rimless for some time and the stand looks like a piece of furniture which is nice because the tank is in my bedroom. From what I've read the old stands in this tank series were made poorly and out of less than adequate materials but recent posts from 2014-2015 have been nothing short of positive. They replaced their old stand material with "Maple plywood" which I am excited about as sustainability and the longevity of the tank are the most two important factors for me at the moment seeing as every tank I have purchased begins leaking. Most likely from being moved so many times. My room sits on the foundation of the house so I know its not from bowing floor joists etc. If anyone has one of these tanks, size does not matter, please let me know your reviews and maybe snap a picture of it and post it for me. Ive seen the tanks empty in person but never with any live stock or water in them so it would be exciting to hear a fellow reefers input.

I've had a 100g from them and now I currently have the 2014 50g. I honestly still don't trust their stands so I had mine custom made and also because I wanted to have a 40g breeder as sump.

The tank itself is a really nice looking tank. The rimless look on them is beautiful. That aside, communication with them can be a horror. My first 100g tank had a black background which had TONS of bubbles in it. I called them and they said it was "normal" after being on the phone with them they suggested to use a squeegee to push the bubbles out. I did so but still looked terrible. I called again and again AND again with no more response from them. I ended up peeling the background and spray painting it instead.

My now 50g is actually nice. I ordered 2 of them and the other one is sitting empty for now. I had plans on a second tank but that didn't take off. Again, not that great communication with them once they received the payment...trying to schedule a delivery time took forever.

I'll post some pictures when I get back home for you.

I should add....as mentioned before.......communication was not great........
and shipping was strange. It was shipped without instructions for a truck with a lift, so we helped the FedEx guy carry it off the truck.

this is just my personal liking.
I dont like center over box. I think corner box looks better on the tank

I have a corner overflow now and while I do like it the center for me gives me more room. Riverrat thanks for the build thread link I am getting that exact tank with a black stand. Yours looks great can't wait to get mine! I will post a build/transfer thread. I have my fingers crossed my 20 plus acro colonies all make it. Ive done it before but nothing is 100% safe in this hobby.

I considered getting one when we bought our DSA 90 tank, but I heard too many bad stories about problems with tanks, plumbing and parts. 2-3 folks out here on the west coast had similar problems to technorch, or worse.

They use metric sized plumbing as well, don't they? I heard that makes replacing/plumbing broken parts of theirs more difficult in the US.

Back