20H sump with hang on skimmer ?s

banshee1

Non-member
I'm building a sump out of a 20gh tank and I need some ideas on how to set it up using my cpr bakpak skimmer.I don't have the funds to buy a new skimmer so I'm working with what I have.I need some ideas on how to set up the sump for the best performance.please help! I have access to glass and acrylic

First get a layout.That will depend on your DT and stand.Not to familiar with the cpr but am assuming its an hob. Probably want 3 sections.One section to be your bubble trap and skimmer area,because of you skimmer this should be a tall area
1-1.5" from top of tank.If you can get the cpr return to another section that would be best,then a fuge area and the return section.

That's What I was thinking as well.the bubble trap should be before the fuge right? Also instead of using a overflow box could i draw water directly into the skimmer using its pump?

Re: bubble trap...kinda... depends on allot of variables. Re:overflow and skimmer.Don't understand!How would you do that if its in your sump area?

Whats your tank and stand?

My setup is a bit odd .the display tank is in a cutout between my kitchen and living room.its a 65 gallon.the sumo will be located down and in front(well or behind depending on which way you want to look at it lol!) I will be building a box around it to hide it. So there is nothing really in the way

Fragsgiving 2024, Purchase Tickets Here!!!

Upcoming Events

September 15, 2024
Chris Meckley ACI
Club Meeting

Back