A big thanks to the BRS community. Today's the day I'll be up and running.

Reefless me

Knucklehead
A big thanks to the whole community, especially to those who have stepped up with donations to make my entry back into reef keeping possible.

Over the course of the last month I was able to put together a sump system with skimmer,heater, and return pump. Thank you Justin. Today I go to pick up enough rock, sand,water, and some easy care corals. Thank you Michele.

I'll post some pics soon as I get everything done later this afternoon.

Once again everybody, Thank you,
Ken B

Wow! I love to hear about these types of things. Very awesome of everyone who helped you out. I went back and read your original thread and we would be more than happy to donate a couple beginner type corals for to you.

Please PM me if you are interested and we can try and work something out.

The mayor declined to do a ribbon cutting ceremony today.
I'm not quite ready to post any pics but I will as soon as the water clears, and then I'll cloudy it up stacking the rockwork. It just seems that no matter how much you rinse new sand, it always clouds the tank. No matter what you do. Can you say turkey baster?
Everything was just placed in the tank yesterday just so that it would survive.

I was disappointed to hear that Freakit had sold his entire system yesterday, when he had contacted me about picking up the chalice, and a Tyree leather, that he had promised me for saving his tank last weekend.

I did discover, tonight, a hitchhiker that came in on the rock that I got from Michele. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I figure out how to.

It looks like a flatworm about an inch long,
and has a striated pattern. I hope its not a bad news hitchhiker, as has disappeared back into the rock work.

I want to thank everybody who has helped me make having a reef tank possible again.Special thanks to Gary, Michelle, Justin, and a POS Taurus for driving the over 400 miles that it took this weekend to arrange all this without breaking down.

As soon as I'm ready I will take Frag freaks up on their offer.

Last but not least:
Thank you Boston Reefers for bringing me together with quality people.

Last edited:
Very happy it's all working out, I wouldn't worry about the hitchhiker if you can find Michelle's old post her sump was as beautiful as her display tank never seen anything as awesome

That's where the rock, with corals attahed, came form as well as a few pound of the mud from the bottom. I wasn't surprised when she told me she was breaking down her 150g. But when she told me that the rock was coming from her sump I w a s a little disappointed until she informed me that she has a Three hundred gallon sump. Her sump was better stocked than most people's display tanks. It was an experience.

I wound up with a stunning Kenya tree, a couple of spa colonies. Not sure of the species. A cabbage coral a couple of brittle stars, Anthelia, and large blue sponge and button polyps. Well worth the hour and a half drive.

Last edited:
Back