BIG Thanks are in order!

Dave McReeferson

laurifer crustulum
Gina and I would like to (and I think we can safely say we speak for the BoD as a whole) take a moment to thank everyone who pitched in to help the club pull off a great event! What I would really like to do here is list off and thank each individual who stepped up to help/contribute. But that list is a long one, and the work put in was substantial, if I were to miss a name, it would be an inexcusable offense. So, I am going to go the easy (and safer) route and offer one HUGE "THANK YOU!" to all of those who stepped up to pitch in today, yesterday, and during the time leading up to this event. Your help was invaluable in putting this together and making it come to fruition. The Boston Reefers Society is immensely lucky to have such a large pool of helpful members to pull from. It should be recognized by all that there were several members doing lots of foot work and heavy lifting over the past two days, sacrificing thir own good time so that the rest of those who attended would have a great one. Such selfless sacrifice for the rest of the club should not go by unnoticed or unappreciated. So once again, and from our hearts, thank you!

We can't go around handing out thanks without also recognizing all of those without whom we would have had no event at all, the speakers, and the vendors...

For speakers, in no partciular order, we have Ron Hessing, Frank Marini, Mitch Carl, Greg Hiller, Marc Levenson, Eric Borneman, and Steven Pro to thank for an unbelievable string of lectures and workshops. If you walked away from the conference today without learning anything... well, I just don't see how that is possible. Such a group of speakers gathered all right here in our namesake city to share their staggering combined knowledge with us was an opportunity for learning not to be missed. Wow, that is all I can say. Thank you all for your contribution towards furthering our clubs charter of education. Where would this hobby be, and indeed what state might our ocean's reefs and their resident life be in today and into the future if not for the work of guys like these? The club is truly fortunate to have such resources as these men to come and share with us. Thank you!

Let us not forget the vendors! Coral Reef Aquarium, Pacific East Aquaculture, Tropic Isle Aquarium, Ice Cap, Aquatinics, Reef Geek, Krystal Clear Aquatics, Skiptons, Lumenarc, Water World, Wet Thumb Frags, Marine Farmers, Nutri Sea, Seachem, Profilux,... (hope I didn't miss anyone?? :eek:) all came out and set up some really nice booths! What's a reefer's conference without a load of high quality vendors right? These guys delivered and really helped make the show what it was. They put out some great stuff, and I don't believe it went unnoticed by anyone. We all need to remember that it is sponsors like these that in large part make everything we do possible. Once again, thank you!

We also had several other companies who were unable to attend send us some sweet goodies for the raffle, I don't personally have a list of all of those names, but I will try and get it posted soon so that they too can be recognized for their contributions. They clearly deserve as much.

I have to say, considering this is the first such event in recent club history, it went off pretty well. That is a testament to all that all of these folks put in, and we are grateful to them all!

One final time, THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I'll say thanks again here because I know you guys busted your buts to pull this off and I'm sure it came with some stress, so thanks again to you guys for making this happen!!

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this, I am sure it took up a lot of your time and I appreciate all the efforts. It was a very worth while event I learned a lot in the seminars and workshops.

It was also very nice to finally meet everyone today.

So do we have a date set for the next one? :D

That's right...it's annual :p:).

Thanks for all the folks, not the BoD ofcourse :p, for making this possible. You guys put on an awesome event. I couldn't even imagine all the free time you guys put into this.

Thank You

Well on my way home I was thinking how to say thanks, then I guess Dave summed it up pretty well. But I will re-iterate it was due to everyone involved that this event was possible. From each and every BOD member, volunteer, Vendor, speaker & Attendees(members and non members). We thank you all.

We hope everyone had a very good time at BRASS.

I will say, we are a very lucky group to have members dedicated to work as hard as everyone did. Everyone worked their butts off in one very large group to make this all possible.

We had some pretty tough challenges but everyone pooled together to make sure everything happened.

First time out of the gate, I think the ground work is set for the group to do this again.

Not sure my little interview will help much but that is another story.
It has got to sound kinda like Elmer Fud on the local reef conference :rolleyes:

AWESOME Job and huge congrats to all those involved in making this happen.!!!!!!!!!!
From an outsiders point of view EVERYTHING went over very smoothly and it was a great conference!!!!!!!!!! now that it is done, it is time for those of you behind the scenes to take a deep breath , relax and breathe ( or get drunk ) LOL...

Oops. :eek: In my haste to get this posted, I missed that it had already been posted. Oh well, I guess there is no such thing as too many thanks for all the work that was put in. :)

Never enough thanks to all of the tireless volunteers that made this event possible. Thank you all for stepping in, lugging, and lending a hand without a single complaint. You guys are the unsung heros of the event.

The speakers were wonderful and of course a huge thank you to everyone who made it out and supported the club. You make us possible.

THANK YOU!!!!:D

I haven't read a single thank you to the people who made it out to BRASS. :D I mean without us, there'd be no reason to have such an event. :p But seriously, thank you to all who made it happen, especially those behind the scenes.

I think it's safe to say that all who attended had a good time. I (vaguely) remember quite a bit of back rubbing, a** slapping (by me) and slurred speech. :D And a personal thank you to the bartender who made me that great drink he created... the "QT." I told him why the name was ironical. He got a kick out of that.

Thank you!

Well on behalf of Water World I want to thank everyone, volunteers, vendors, and most of all we want to thank all the members that stopped by to take a peek shoot the breeze and well most of all BUY! ;) We are proud to now sponsor such a great group. Your passion in the hobby is second to none and we look forward to meeting more of you as time goes on.

I mentioned the volunteers.... Without them I would still be loading our truck! You guys did a great job and made Water World's first show EVER a great experience. We are looking forward to the next. I want to also personally thank Jared, For asking if we needed anything like a gazillion times. (And YES... That is an actual number :p) He also stood out because I smelt vinegar chips then saw this guy walking around with his shoe in his hand. ;) .... I am sorry but I am terrible with names but a face I'll never forget.... I think his name was Dave.... But none the less I want to thank you for discarding 5 gallons of water on me! No worries there will be more shows..... Next one my sister Payback will be with me, remind me to introduce you. ;) I also think I owe someone a Heineken forget the name but you know who you are. Thanks again. All of you guys did a great job and made this show run like a well oiled machine!

Thanks again!

Ron
Water World LLC

I had the best time ever! Watch out, Macna! I'm already looking forward to next year, and THANKS to all you who put this great event together. I didn't socialize much, but I did hear every speaker. Each and every one was fantastic!!!! Also bought a couple of corals, super deals from Water World. Now I have one more store to put on my shopping list. :)

Go BRASS 2010!

Thanks for all the work everyone put in to make BRASS posiable. I had a great time, watched 2 of the workshops, bought a coral it was a great time. My girlfriend and her 3 year old daughter (she asked me if I would buy her a clam so I will have to look into geting one for her now) had a great time too, and keeping a 3 year old happy for the 6 hours we were there is a feat, so thanks to all the venders who brought coral that kept her entertained lol.

I am sorry but I am terrible with names but a face I'll never forget.... I think his name was Dave.... But none the less I want to thank you for discarding 5 gallons of water on me! No worries there will be more shows..... Next one my sister Payback will be with me, remind me to introduce you.

Was it this guy?

attachment.php

His name is Dave too, "afboundguy" on the forum, great guy. :)

(Sorry Dave, had to throw you under the bus.) :D Beep! Beep!

Attachments

• School-Bus-Cartoon-4.jpg
    School-Bus-Cartoon-4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 136
Back