A few quick pics of my tank...

I had no idea that was your tank . I love the pop of the soft corals .
Makes me miss t-5's .
Lot's of DIY . I wish I was that handy ..

great idea of putting the frags in the back of the rock work, makes a good starting area for new items

Just saw this, love the new tank John!! As always very colorful and everything is so healthy looking. Do you miss the MH?

Wow, I forgot all about this thread. Thks for the compliments :)

Light is 6x39w T5HO in a DIY fixture. 3x aquablue, 2x blue plus, 1x figi purple.

I miss the shimmer of MH a little, but not that much. Currently I'm teetering between getting new T5 bulbs, or building a DIY LED fixture.

Would you run the DIY LED fixture alone or in combination with the t5's? Do you think that the LED's would add that shimmer back?

LED's will give more of a shimmer effect than T5's. How much more depends on how the fixture it built to some degree.

I'm really tempted to do the DIY LED thing, but the technology is evolving so quickly I'm worried that what I build tommorow might be completely dated in a week or two. I might just replace my T5 blubs and plan to think LED in 6-12 months or more :)

John you aren't ever going to keep up with technology so just bite the bullet now lol. Get something that is upgradable.

Back