A few quick pics of my tank...

Automated vinegar dosing. Controlled by Apex.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 588
DIY Ca reactor, fed by an aqualifter, controlled by the Apex.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 602
DIY kalk reactor and feed pump, also Apex controlled.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 596
where you get the tank from john??

I got this tank through coral reef aquarium in seekonk ma. It's made by Oceanic, but I custom ordered to get black silicone seams and a non-tempered bottom so I could drill it myself.

how much does it run?? sorry for the many questions. im plann to get a rimless. everywhere is so expensive.

The stock tank with clear silicone and a tempered bottom runs a little under $300. The stock "reef ready" version is a little more. The custom order cost $400, but could be more now as I got it a while ago.

love the tank john thinking of getting a rimless from glasscages.com I don't know if people find them to be a good deal or not was thinking of a 60 cube do you have an opinion on them? thaks

Thks,

Glass cages his historically gotten mixed reviews. They have been known for making sturdy but not so pretty tanks, with messy silicone being the common complaint. They may have improved on quality control, maybe not. I have seen some positive reviews on their newer rimless tanks, but no hands on experience.

Do some googling on them, you'll find plenty of reviews on RC and other fourms.

Thanks for the info well appreciated, do you have any company you would recommend? I was thinking I'm not sure if it's possible but to have an overflow in the middle of a cube so it is viewable from every angle?

I got this tank through coral reef aquarium in seekonk ma. It's made by Oceanic, but I custom ordered to get black silicone seams and a non-tempered bottom so I could drill it myself.

Is that why your overflow is on the side. My oceanic 57 RR rimless has the overflow in the middle of the tank

Yup. When I talked with the oceanic people they said they could do a custom "megaflow" corner overflow in it, but I prefer my home made overflow (just like the old oceanic overflows before they were bought out by AGA) so I went with that.

Back