acro crab ?

Nikos

Non-member
11128696_10205902421193353_4911017474915872626_n.jpg is this good or bad? has one large claw one smaller , sorry pic stinks it was on iphone thanks

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.yz/Heta2pGC4nTYq+LmZoQ&w=113&h=105&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

I'd say so they are kind of controversial , I personally would like one but other people would say they irritate if not eat the sps . But I have been reading up on them quite a bit lately and some people are adding them to help clean and keep sps healthy . in the wild they are def. good guys eating off parasites that are abundant in the wild but not in our tanks ( thankfully ) I am a firm beliver in creating as natural an environment for our fish and corals as possible ( granted I've done some experimentation ) but settled on keeping it simple

I dont think thats a acro crab. Its hairy and has blue eyes. Acro crabs have none of those

Yah the hairy legs made me think no , but that's why I'm here !, looking for opinions

11011051_10205905794197676_6011845166014792828_n.jpg ok he's off of acro, here's a better pic , if its a gorilla crab should i banish him to sump?

he looks cool if u dont keep him for ur sump ill take him for my evil critter tank wonder how he will get along with my bobit worm

Yes he is nooo good. The one you want is a tetralia, has a smooth whitish cream body with a black band across its eyes. Glad you found him

Yes he is nooo good. The one you want is a tetralia, has a smooth whitish cream body with a black band across its eyes. Glad you found him
There's a few different color variations of acro crabs that are safe for reef tanks. Also Emerald crabs are safe and also hairy.
All that being said I believe the crab you have is not reef safe and either a gorilla crab or a teddy bear crab.

Correct, there are more than the one I mentioned although I find the tetralia to be the most common and readily available. Emerald crabs are great in a reef tank but don't host in acropora

Correct, there are more than the one I mentioned although I find the tetralia to be the most common and readily available. Emerald crabs are great in a reef tank but don't host in acropora
I guess I should send you some pictures of my Emerald crabs! Lol I have 4 and 2 of them live in acro's. Ones a small red Emerald crap and he hosts my candlelight acro and I have a huge green Emerald that lives in my red monti.

I've wanted one of the acro crabs you mentioned for awhile (white w/black stripe, Bandit) but all I ever get is the pink and purple head ones and once I got a pink and purple spotted one. (Idk the scientific names)

If they aren't bothering your sps then that is pretty cool. Usually the emeralds I see are all way too big to ever fit in acros especially a real tight branched one light candlelights, they must be nice and small. Where'd you get the red one, I wouldn't mind gettin my hands on one?? I've had a couple tetralias but they never last too long. I've seen em on liveaquaria now and then too

If they aren't bothering your sps then that is pretty cool. Usually the emeralds I see are all way too big to ever fit in acros especially a real tight branched one light candlelights, they must be nice and small. Where'd you get the red one, I wouldn't mind gettin my hands on one?? I've had a couple tetralias but they never last too long. I've seen em on liveaquaria now and then too
I got the red one from pet co, In my area most pet co stores are crap. That being said I go weekly for crickets and I got lucky to find it.
3 of my Emerald crabs are pretty small but my biggest Brutus lives on the underside of a red montipora Capricornis.
Maybe mine only do it? Idk? I know I have a bunch of hermits that love sleeping on the tips of branches as well. :D

Back