Acro Crab?????

Miller

Non-member
Are there any other species of Acro Crabs other then the white bodied ones with the black band? If so does anybody have a good site to ID them?

We recently bought I new Acropora and this poor little fellow survived the dip so I don't want to kill it if the crab is not a butt hole.

It's going to suck if I have to remove it....little bugger moves fast around the inside branches.

Thanks Jeremy! I don't think it is a little fuzzy and I don't remember the eyes, I'll find out later.

and I always thought that black claws are BAD....and if he's staying in the colony then he's most likely good, acro crabs wont survive with out a host colony

oh! Never knew that. I had an acro crab at one point that was a good one, but have never seen a fuzzy one. Did you ever figure out what kind you have?

The little bugger isn't blue eyed or a wee bit fuzzy, so it sounds like he is one of the good guys.

fuzzy isn't a good thing usually in crabs that hang in acros... Blue eyes....red eyes...one larger claw....etc etc are all things to watch out for...

Usually a smooth body /white with stripe across the eyes...
completely peach in color no stripe &
also tan no stripe are considered "acro crabs" & not predatory...

Post a pic if you can...

Back