Ai prime led

mcf6188

Non-member
I ran in to a fellow reefer last nite. He turned me on to these lights for a bio cube. I did do some reading they sound good. You know that if it sounds good it might be. Has a fellow reefer have some experience with these lights. The price is one of a kind for a led. We will have to see. Any input would be great. Once again thank yo for all the help . Chris

Im running three on my 58 gallon with t5 supplment been running them for only a couple months now but like them alot. Getting good growth on all corals new heads on zoas etc.

One thing i do not like about them is that ai orginially came out and said they were giving out 500 par at a depth of 12" and later came out and changed that claim.

Owen386

i heard the same thing @ a month ago. that is why i have not bought one yet. i saw with my eyes the growth from a 30 gal reef[just like mine] is great with in 3 mos. . thats is why i put this out to see what others have to say. i would like to get one . i most likely will ...... thank you for your in put. i do like them a lot the price is a great part in this

For the price and controllability it is a good value. The mount is affordable but it takes some fiddling and sometimes mods to hold it at the angle you want.

I prefer the blended light of the kessil a160 a little better but the prime has a fuller spectrum with red and green. It also is way mor customizable. Right now I own both and haven't decided which to keep yet. I don't need all the bells and whistles so I may keep the kessil.

WELL PUFF DADDY, WHICH WAY DO IO GO ,,,,,WHICH WAY DO I GO THEY BOTH WILL DO THE JOB WELL ,,,,, THE ONLY THING ABOUT THE a160 DOES NOT TELL ME ABOUT GROWTH IN THE TANK. I LIKE BOTH I THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I WILL LET YOU KNOW IS IT THE KESSIL OR THE AI . THANKS ONCE AGAIN

FWIW I have one on a 10g cube and I hate mine. The color blend is awful, discoball galore, too chaotic of shimmer, and coral coloration is great for softies and LPS, but not for SPS.
To get the color looking nice you have to turn the whites down so much that I feel it inhibits strength for growth. I would never buy another one and wish I got the Maxspect Razor Nano. I have a 27" maxspect and absolutely love it.

I have not personally experienced the prime on my tank BUT i will say that i Love my kessil A160 and the price has also dropped on them. all in all i think kessil makes a better quality product for not much more that AI in that category.

FWIW I have one on a 10g cube and I hate mine. The color blend is awful, discoball galore, too chaotic of shimmer, and coral coloration is great for softies and LPS, but not for SPS.
To get the color looking nice you have to turn the whites down so much that I feel it inhibits strength for growth. I would never buy another one and wish I got the Maxspect Razor Nano. I have a 27" maxspect and absolutely love it.

I have a maxspect razor nano if you want to trade.

In terms of light blending, Kessil does a great job because of their design. Kessil A160 is actually a full spectrum light including UV, it blends the multicolor tiny chips very well.

hi i am going to get the kessil A160 i all of the reefers know what they are talking about i am only 4 mos in to this. there were more for the A160 so that's it. so will one be good for a bio cube ???????? . i am getting very slow growth very slow. this should do it. it will take 4 to 5 days to get here .i will let all know hows it works thank you a lot thanks chris

DONG,,,,, the tank says it is a 29 gal. just were the live rock and coral is 15x15 x17deep the hole tank is 19x19 x17 .4'' is the skimmer,, return pump . you know what i mean. thanks

I will say a A160 may not provide large enough coverage, may be a hydra 26 is a better choice?

Get a hydra 26. It is only $70 more but you get 100% of light intensity and coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dong i do not want to have to go on a computer to do anything with lights. So i will go with the a160 x2 thanks

Here is my A160 review. I haven't posted my comparison to the prime yet but trust me, you will be happy with the A160. Especially if you want simplicity.

Back