Alk issue

get the hannah alk checker i’ll never go back since I started using it a year ago. red sea for ca an mag ad hannah checkers not to good for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally use the Hanna checkers for dkh, calc, pH and salinity. Red Sea pro for phosphate, pH, nitrate and nitrite if I test those and to double check the Hanna checkers. They're pretty reliable

Last edited:
I personally use the Hanna checkers for dkh, calc, pH and salinity. Red Sea pro for phosphate, pH, nitrate and nitrite if I test those and to double check the Hanna checkers. They're pretty reliable

I heard mixed on the Ca checker. so it’s been pretty reliable? what is the difference to titration test check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

couple points, i'll take some pics later. A lot of people don't use it correctly and come up with skewered results, myself included until I actually learned how to use it.

I use the Hanna Ca also. Every once in a while I compare it to a Salifert test and they are always within 25ppm of each other. For me that is close enough. I aim for consistency rather than a specific number.

I would suggest having more than one brand test kit to check your results every so often, especially if you get a reading that seems way off.

Calcium test kits has about 10% error to begin with. But calcium level is not that critical as long as it is about 350ppm and below 500 ppm. It makes little difference within the range.

Back