Any LFS in the Boston-Copley area?

JamisonSmith

Non-member
Hello all,

I am unfortunately stuck in a training class at the Copley Center for the next three days and to make the best out of the trip into Boston I was wondering if anyone knew of any LFS in the vicinity? Not real sure about my way around Boston yet.
Thanks for any insight.

-Jamison

Yeah, Skiptons Pet Center is the closest to the Copley area.
Do you have wheels, or are you relying on public transportation?
Either one can get you to Skiptons.
If you have wheels, there might be a couple other LFS to check out at a greater distance.

Skiptons is at 70 Southampton St in Roxbury, MA
Click here for a link to a map.

Skipptons

Thanks for the advice!
I just did a MapQuest and I didn't realize that it was that close. Do you know if there is a T stop near Skipptons and if so, which line?

-Jamison

Moe,
Sorry you type faster than I could respond. I am heading in on the T and relying on public transportation for once. Big difference coming from FL where you had to drive everywhere!

Closest T stop that I know of would be the Mass Ave stop on the Orange line.
Get out and head south on Mass Ave.
Be careful - that neighborhood can be sketchy.
I've walked it at night before, a guy should be fine. Lots of cops driving by. Lots of homeless hanging out there too.

Anyway, on Mass Ave, walk south under the medical center. Keep heading south.
You'll see Melnea Cass Blvd on the right. You'll see a round Best Western hotel coming up. Across the street is Skiptons. Be careful crossing Mass Ave - busy street.

You could take the Red Line to Andrew Square too. That's a little bit more safe.
Get out of Andrew, and take a right onto Dorchester Ave. At the 5-way intersection with Dunkin Donuts on the right; take a right onto Southampton St.
Walk about 3/4 mile up Southampton. You'll cross over Interstate 93 on the way. At the end of Southampton on the right you'll find Skiptons.

Moe_K said:
Yes indeedy.

Are you serious?! That is so awesome!! If you're just kidding, then that just confirms how gullible I am, and I feel like a big dork. :)

Where in FL did you move from, Jamison? I grew up in Miami.

Melody~

Back