Anyone deal with EcoTech Marine customer service before?

Reef Breeders is a joke. the site do not even have a contact info.

It's actually NOT a joke, i've been talking to the owner (Logan) on Facebook for the past few days and he is IMMEDIATE to respond.
The "contact info" you speak of is their forum. That's where you ask questions and where (if necessary) you can get an email address to them.
OR you can add them on Facebook and talk to them on there, OR if you're nicer, I can give you their contact phone number.

I don't appreciate new members on here bashing American Companies for no reason. That is very uncalled for.

And to Dz6t, no the product is not launched yet. Comes out in mid-August.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-breeders/91366-reef-breeders-supernova-light-emitting-diodes.html

That's all the info on it currently.

Oh, WOW! Look! ANOTHER way to contact them too! Lol. Really...

You can get it with knob dimming, 0-10v dimming, PWM dimming, or built in digital dimmer/timer/programmer.
$600 shipped basic, or $700 shipped with built in digital controller.

That is as off-topic as I am willing to let this thread become.
Anyone wishing to discuss this fixture further may do so by starting a thread specifically about it.

Just because I am not a Moderator doesn't mean I can't make sure that my favorite site remains a good one =]

Last edited:
Have both the Radion and a MP10 for less than 6 months. I have had problems with my mp10, most likely my doing; fixed no questions asked. twice. Although Ive never had a problem with other pumps besides marineland mj1200.

Also had the radion go busto. Again, amazing customer service. new light shipped out in two days.

I agree that I expect more quality for the cost. Hopefully, with the right approach and technique communicating with ecotech will result is good service past my warranty.

Seriously, even with the problems, I really like their products.

I understand if you are trying to go cheap and dont care about aestics, but their products are really elegant.

May be the rep from Ecotech I spoke to had a bad morning.
I agree Ecotech's product is elegant but what I am talking about is quality issue. Nothing to do with aeshtics.
No matter how pretty the face is, I just have a bad quality product in hand.
The dry side of the MP10 just became very noisy several days ago and the dry side did not get wet, did not get drop, the alignment with the wet side is good, the motor baring just gone bad. This is the newest wireless ES pump.
So, there is no question that the pump is defective.

Anyway, I am going to write it off as bad luck.

Last edited:
agreed. I have the same problems. Check the wetside too. Thats were mine went bad. make sure that there is not too much pressure on the cable. ie the cable tie cord holder. dont put it too close to the dry side motor. in my case it caused the wet side shaft to melt the wetside casing ruining the wetside. and it happened again this week. I am hoping I have the same experience with replacement.

I communicated by email.

I recommend you keep pushing for an exchange.

If its still under a year old and you were the original owner I don't see why it would be a problem getting a fix. The dry side can also be rebuilt with new bearings. Bummer your having a problem with them.

I had my brand new pump die in 1 hour of use when I opened my MP10 last winter. They were good to me (like I stated) on that monday after waiting the weekend to talk to Ecotech but it seems like a lot of people have these issues with bad products right out the box. Thats 1 thing I never had a problem with Tunze...all the products I purchased from them worked for a long time before any issues and Roger always fixed it for me. Even an old skimmer he helped me out with...send the pump and he fixed it with only the parts he really needed instead of charging me for a new pump. No cost for labor too!

Back