Anyone have a quarantine tank setup under their stand?

danzig

BRS Member
As title says, i am setting up a 40 breeder with a 20 long sump under it, and was considering putting a small 10-15 gal above it on a shelf i can build. Normally i would stick it in another room but my girlfriend doesnt want fish stuff everywhere lol. Im lucky enough i convinced her to let me get back in after 8 years! If i keep it all contained it will be better. Was hoping for some inspiration maybe some pics if you guys have a similar setup? I tried searching the net a bit didnt really find what i was looking for

Are you planning to treat fish in the tank? If so, I’d be concerned about contaminated water getting into your DT and aerosol transmission. QT tanks sho up d be 10’ apart from other systems

Are you planning to treat fish in the tank? If so, I’d be concerned about contaminated water getting into your DT and aerosol transmission. QT tanks sho up d be 10’ apart from other systems
agreed 10’ minimum

agreed 10’ minimum
I would consider it to be potentially used for treatment as well, i was concerned with splash over but is copper that potent i need to be worried about aeration? Thus far i think i will heed your advice and consider a different space but will still welcome future input. Thanks for the replies!

It’s not the copper aerosol that you’re worried about, it the disease that you’re QT’ing and/or treating that can transfer and contaminate.

Overall I’d say that other options may be better.

Back