Anyone have -Ritteri Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I'm looking for habits in regards to Ritteri Anemone
(Heteractis magnifica). I'm interested in getting one in the near future. Anyone have one? can they chime in with experiences? both bad and good.

I have a few ;)

They need strong light and a high point on the rocks directly under a MH is best, but they should not be able to touch the glass or else they will climb up higher. strong random flow makes them happier but is not a necessity. They are extremely poor shippers. That can't be understated. Maybe 1 out of 50 survive from the ocean to our tanks. They can be deceptive though because they can take 6 months to completely die from the shipping stress. The only thing that I know of that takes shipping worse is a gigantea anemone.

They grow very fast under good conditions. expect them to take up a 2 foot by 2 foot area within 3 months.

i have a few ;)

they need strong light and a high point on the rocks directly under a mh is best, but they should not be able to touch the glass or else they will climb up higher. Strong random flow makes them happier but is not a necessity. They are extremely poor shippers. That can't be understated. Maybe 1 out of 50 survive from the ocean to our tanks. They can be deceptive though because they can take 6 months to completely die from the shipping stress. The only thing that i know of that takes shipping worse is a gigantea anemone.

They grow very fast under good conditions. expect them to take up a 2 foot by 2 foot area within 3 months.

wow!

Back