Apex fusion Problems

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
I lost power the other day for 5minutes. Since then the app doesn't work. Well the app opens I can sign in then asks to link apex. go thought the steps to set it up and no go. I get "cannot connect to a local network" and I must connect to a wifi to browse and configure. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times.
I can reach it using my laptop so I know that the wifi is working.

I thought that because I can get to it with my laptop over wifi that the wifi is good on apex yes I have tried to reboot several times including while writing this. All other wifi dives in the house are working just fine

Reboot modem? Router? Any Wi-Fi extenders? In that order, then Apex? I find my Apex is most finicky device on my network and have to reboot in that order to reconnect. Do have heartbeat enabled?

Sometimes after a power outage I have to push the reset button on the bottom of the Apex head unit with a paper clip.

Matt - did you get your apex connected back? coincidentally I had similar issue with two of my apex last week after a brief power outage. Tried restart, head unit reset, reconfiguring wifi after hardwiring and all that. but no dice. Reached out to neptune support and after couple of calls determined that the wifi chip is gone (damaged from the power surge after the outage). The support was very responsive and a quickly created an RMA for replacement units. They have be shipped and i'm waiting to receive them.

unplug apex to reboot just happened to me. it seems when you lose power if the apex reboots coming back on before your network comes back online it may not automatically reconnect

It happened to me as well. Scary if I'm far away and unable to manual reboot the unit.

Update and its not good. I have rebooted the apex(this is apex classic unit) . updated the firmware. updated the web pages. deleted the app again and again . Waiting to hear back from neptune support.

Is this the real old Apex without wifi? I have a ancient classic unit (black display, black EB8, no wifi), that I have plugged in to a wifi extender to connect to my network, I had to change a bunch of settings because there was an IP conflict. I will pull my settings down when I get home and get back to you if you're using the same unit.

Is this the real old Apex without wifi? I have a ancient classic unit (black display, black EB8, no wifi), that I have plugged in to a wifi extender to connect to my network, I had to change a bunch of settings because there was an IP conflict. I will pull my settings down when I get home and get back to you if you're using the same unit.
Yes this an apex classic. I have it connected to my route. The problem is getting it on the app. Works from my laptop but not on the phone thru the app. Spoke with neptune support yesterday. Waiting on the to get back to me.

Update.

I finally got this fixed. Got my return call from Neptune Tech support. The guy was great. He walked me through the whole process. It took about an hour to get it fixed. Now I can get back to normal(not worrying every time I leave the house that something bad will happen and not be able to do anything about it)

Thanks for the offered help.

After reading this, boy, I would never buy Neptune, but then again, an auto transfer switch and permanent on demand generator sound better to spend dough on first.

After reading this, boy, I would never buy Neptune, but then again, an auto transfer switch and permanent on demand generator sound better to spend dough on first.
His problem is he has a older version of the apex. The newer version usually reconnects on their own or can be fixed easily by resetting it like others have said

His problem is he has a older version of the apex. The newer version usually reconnects on their own or can be fixed easily by resetting it like others have said
Oh, I know. But thanks for the heads up, my point was that these systems won’t save your tank if the power goes out, and certainly won’t make a difference if they go off line after one. Power outages are the primary concern for loss of Aquarium specimens.

Well now I'm having issues with mine ‍♂️. Every few days it wont connect. I have gone through all the steps to get it to reconnect and it wont. Sometimes its connected but most of the time it's not. I have to call Neptune asap as I'm going to Florida at the end of april and cant leave home without it working.

Well now I'm having issues with mine ‍♂️. Every few days it wont connect. I have gone through all the steps to get it to reconnect and it wont. Sometimes its connected but most of the time it's not. I have to call Neptune asap as I'm going to Florida at the end of april and cant leave home without it working.
They were great. I should have called them sooner. Extremely knowledgeable. Easy to talk to. Even got some great programing tips Mine was just thru the app that I had an issue.

Good luck hope things work out bfore you take off. The anxiety would kill me the whole time and I would be super freaked out. My trip would be ruined before take off.

Back