Aqua Euro USA chiller VS Aqua Euro USA Apex chiller

P-Nut

Non-member
I have been doing research for a while and will be getting an Aqua Euro USA 1/4hp chiller for my tank.
I cant seem to find what the difference is between the Apex model and the non Apex, besides the Apex looking nicer and costin around $20-40 extra, is there a difference?

Both are rated for up to 170 gallons (the chiller will go in a much smaller aquarium).

Can anyone help me out here?

I can't help with your question, but I thought I would let you know MarineDepot is having a 14% off sale through tomorrow. That's ~$90 for the chiller you are looking at.

Joe

I can't help with your question, but I thought I would let you know MarineDepot is having a 14% off sale through tomorrow. That's ~$90 for the chiller you are looking at.

Joe
I saw the thread you started. Thank you. I will be getting one tomorrow.

I can tell you that oversizing the chiller is overkill and not too good for the chiller itself; just like every other piece of refrigeration equipment it work better / more efficient if it runs long cycles. the more it cycles the more it ware and tear on it and the lower the efficiency.
if you still decide to oversize it at least make sure you supply it with at least the minimum recommended flow.

I can tell you that oversizing the chiller is overkill and not too good for the chiller itself; just like every other piece of refrigeration equipment it work better / more efficient if it runs long cycles. the more it cycles the more it ware and tear on it and the lower the efficiency.
if you still decide to oversize it at least make sure you supply it with at least the minimum recommended flow.

Thats good to know. Thanks.

Back