Aquarium Gallery (wasted my afternoon)

Another word of warning to those posting here. Do not allow your description of your experience to morph into a discussion. Conversations like that can be done in the Lounge, or, if related to the hobby in Reef Talk.

Only 1st hand experiences are allowed here. Also, leave the responses to the feedback to the authorized personnel from the shop.

Thanks.

i just went up there this past monday bought two really expensive acans one with liek 12heads and one with liek 4 130 and 45 respectively. i had just gotten my brs card a few weeks ago so i asked if they did a discount he said yes..10 percent off.. by the time i finally picked our everything i wanted and we were cashed out i was going ot mention the 10 percent but i forgot and neither did the worker. im not really worried at all. the person working was very helpful and encourged me to wait a little longer till mid sept to buy the anemoe i want instead of just another one.

keep up the good job. your acans are huge and well priced comapred to other stores.

cant wait for the falll season by what everyone is saying
thanks for everything

So i have seen AG get pretty busted up here in the threads, some of which i agree with and some of which i think is unfair. Personally i will not go to AG because of an incident about a year ago. I had bought a Grouper Minneatus from them. A beautiful fish and i had it for about 6 months. Well one day it started to turn on my lionfish and became violently aggressive towards him. It got so bad in one day that he almost completly ate his tail off! The fish had to go, but a fish like that no one could have in their tanks. I had to take all my rock out to get him, which took a bit longer then expected. I had called AG earlier in the day to talk to them about the fish, and was told that even though i spent $150 on the fish and it was in perfect health, they would not give me any money or store credit for it, but would take the fish back if necessary. Ok, i don't agree with this because they were just going to turn it around for more profit... but no big deal i understand the way business works. Besides, i was doing this in the better interest of my fish and not looking to make a buck off of it. So like i said i had to take all my rock out to catch him because he was so fast. Well it took longer then expected and it was nearing closing time for the store. I called to let them know i was leaving but i would get there 15 min after they close. I was told tough luck and they would not stay there 15 min later to wait for me. I kept the fish in a bucket over-night to bring it to the store the next morning but when i woke up he died. I had an airstone in the bucket and the room was at 80 so i figured i was safe, but no such luck. He was such a beautiful fish and he died because the store couldn't wait 15 min for a loyal customer. I hold no animosity towards them, but that is my reason for not returning.

Ah yes Sciknen! You are the one that I had posted the thread earlier this week about looking for Steven! I had forgotten to take off the 10% and then remembered shortly after you left. I looked up your store account, but we don't have a telephone # for you so I couldn't call. I put the amount that you should have gotten off of your purchase in the store credit book here at the store. You can use that credit upon your next visit to the store. I hope that you see this post!:D

Snigetless, if somebody on the phone were to tell you "tough luck" than that is completely unacceptable! My apologies for whomever may have said that to you over the phone. On the credit issue, it is hard for me to say without knowing the exact situation at the time. In most cases it would be good to do some kind of a credit for very nice specimens. For a larger predatory fish though it can be difficult to bring in for a store. If the fish was very large we may have had to house the fish for a very long time before finding it an appropriate home. Trust me, I have no problem telling someone that they really should not purchase something if they do not have a proper system to house it. I would much rather keep a fish in the store than let it go out to a tank that will ultimately become a problem. I know that this doesn't make up for the prior mistreatment and loss, but I hope that you would come in to see us again sometime. I'm happy to stay a little late at the store if someone is not able to get here before close as I am usually here for an extra half hour after close anyway.

Myk.

Yeah like i said, i have no hard feelings... i am just upset still that he died for a poor reason. He actually wasn't that big, maybe a little bigger then an open hand but he picked on a lionfish twice his size. I dunno, whole thing just left a sour taste in my mouth... anyways for the sake of avoiding discussion- i just wanted to post my experience.

Posts that aren't specifically vendor experiences will be removed. Please observe the VE forum rules.

I thought long about writing something here but i wanted to put it out there. I live in maine and its a bit of a drive but i always tried to get down to AG every 2 months or so. 2 years or so ago i would go down and get some nice quality clams and such. As time progressed the quality of the store and its live stock soured me a little. The first time i bought a Miami Orchid and 24 hours in its QT it showed up with red bugs. I emailed AG and got a response basically saying thats what you get for buying sps. They wished me luck with treatment recomended interceptor and apologized in the end for the new treat. (Clap now for quarantining). So ok things like that happen and i continued to go down. The last time i went down, I walked in to find a young man quietly sitting behind the counter playing World of Warcraft. He didnt bother to say boo to me. I spent time browsing a very sparse selection of corals and fish and went up to ask a question. I got a fairly unintelligable answer. So i left. It is simply not worth the time to go in to see limited stock and to be ignored by staff to busy trying to level a character in a game. Not worth the drive imho. Just my 2 cents.

[Please do not comment on other member's experiences, only your own. Also, please leave store replies to store employees.]

Last edited by a moderator:
TAG Virgin!!

Went to TAG for my first time today. GREAT PLACE. Employees were very helpful and prices were great. Livestock looked great. Store is under construction but you would hardley know it. Very clean and still organized. Talked to the gentleman who rang us up for 10-15 minutes. Didn't rush out out at all. Great service. Got a Tomato Clown and he is loving his new home!! They said that once fall hits they will be back to 2 big orders a week. Will be back soon.

Back