Are there any damsel fish that are peaceful?

OceanGuy said:
Is there a site with pictures of these damsels? I have a domino damsel that is somewhat sociable. He is small and doesn't bother anyone. A lot of the fish in my tank are territorial and just chase when their territory has been infringed upon. The chromis dart around the tank. They don't school, but chase each other. I have a blue damsel that is small and very peaceful. I think a lot depends on the size of the tank and the amount of swimming room. If they can swim distances, they seem to be less aggressive.

A Domino that's sociable. WOW good catch there. I've always wanted one but they were always too nasty.

I just bought a fuge from Juan (reefan) and guess what was living in it? A Domino. Now I have one and he's not in the main display. He's the "Keeper of the Fuge" :D

referencing that book i tried some lemon damsel..whoa...they were brutal.
the yellow tails will typically just bicker amongst themselves a bit..but get large and very drab looking.

i'm gonna restock chromis..last ones got picked off by a bluethroat.

moe, some people have already commented on this but i will reinforce what they said with my own personal experience. the allen's damsel or electric blue damsel is a great fish. whenever people looked at my tank, they always commented on that fish first because it has such a nice metallic blue color to it. also, it is very sociable and got along great with 6 other fish in my 29g.

vanderbuilt chromis are peaceful and do well in schools. :)
if your looking for schooling small fish like damsels go with cardinals like blue-eye or the like. You will never have a problem with aggression.

Back