Bang ZZZZZttttttddd... This is a test ...

MichaelFreedman

Non-member
Heard a loud bang this morning and the power went out on my street. Still don't know what it was. Ofcourse the new batteries for the battery backups that arrived on Thursday were sill sitting on the floor near the front door. The existing batteries are about 5 years old and lasted about 15 minutes. So out I go to get the generator from the racing days up and running. Ofcourse 2 year old gas doesn't burn very well.... After about 20 minutes I sprayed some butane into the carb and it finally fired up. Plugged the tank into it and all was fine. Ofcourse the power came back on 5 minutes after getting the generator running. The tank was down for about 30 minutes total. So needless to say.... TEST YOUR BACKUP SYSTEMS and get them all ready. Snow is on the way.

Mike

no power loss til the generator is done......no power loss til the generator is done.....no power loss til the generator is done.

If I keep saying it, hopefully it will work ;)

Plan ahead... don't stay up till 2:00 in the morning if the power is going to go out at 6:00 am. Having trouble getting enough energy to go buy a new fish today... hehehehe :)

Back