Beacon Aquarium

Xenia 468

New to marine.
Great shop in the MetroWest area. Worcester finally put the Kilby Street sign up on the street. Always look for the package store and it's the street right after. Extremely helpful with their livestock along with special orders. Their fish are cheaper that I've found elsewhere, too. Lourdes has helped me out so much! I thank her for showing me this board.

One time when my tank broke, they waited at the store even after hours to keep my fish and coral alive. Can't ask for more than that.

Though I haven't been in the store yet, when they came to the meeting they had good stuff at good prices! Hope to make it down that way some day.

I haven't been there in a while, but its different every time I see it. I may have to visit on monday to see whats new.

They were in the process of putting up a bunch more saltwater tanks when I was there 2 weeks ago or so.

Love that store!!! :D Actually LOVE the people! Jose and Lourdes are great!

I usually go in once a week just to visit and chat!! LS are definitely cheaper!
They're setting up at least 12 new saltwater tanks this coming up month.

Good folks at Beacon. Looking forward to seeing the new tanks setup. Lou bought a 100 gallon stock tank I had laying around so I new she was up to something :)

Steve

Tried to find the store when I was passing through Worcester on my way to Sturbridge this summer but never found it :(

The entrance is actually off of a side street and it is easy to miss. You're best bet is to look for the address and then park the car when you get close.

I went in there for the first time today. It was so refreshing to be treated in such a friendly manner! Thank you Lourdes! I'll be back!!!

Butch

stopped in today on my way to the centrum. real nice people and nice little shop cant wait to see the new tanks up. like every one above said its nice to be treated so well when you walk in.

You won't find a small store with better service than Beacon Aquarium. Both Jose and Lourdes are great. They help to order things that they don't have and give great advice.

I made the mistake of driving out after dark one night and didn't find it. If you go along main street from the center of town and reach Clark University, you've gone a bit too far. Turn around. There is a big church, a large parking lot and then Kirby street on the right. The package store is on the front and the Beacon Aquarium is on the side and underneath.

It is worth the drive out on a weekend. If they don't have it, they can probably order it for you at a great price.

I was taking a course at Clark U and had to drive out every week. Stopping in made the trip worthwhile.

maybe its me but when i was there twice there is nothing in stock,no variety to small of a place to me. also not to mention that it's right there off main south probally one of the worst areas in worcester.just my 2 cents

them are fighting words to me

They sell things at 1/2 the price of others, true they dont have 30,000 fish instock or 30 diffrent tanks to choose from, but they also dont have the overhead and pass the savings on to you. Yeah its main south, so what. Your not moving in above the place. As far as them not having all the Dry goods you need, most of us know what we need before we need it and they will have something for you within a few days.

agreed. they can't posibley have everything in stock, its a small location, theres just no room for more aquariums.but they can get anything you need if you order it.

but lourdes and jose are really nice people and if that isn't reason enough to give them business,then I don't know what is. otherwize you can shop at petco.

Just meeting Lourdes at the last meeting was a pleasure. I kept circling the table and she answered all of my stupid questions without getting aggravavted. I end up grabbing a few nice items from her.

Really nice folks. I'm going to make the trip from Haverhill to Worcester just to check out the store.

:)

So much more for your $$$$$$

Today i stoped by Beacon, not needing anything just to look. I have had my eye on a T. Derasa clam for a while. I left with 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 4 blue leg crabs and a great Clam for $55. I love this shop.

Beacon aquariums is one of the best stores ive been to jos'e is great helpful and not pushy and lourdes is the nicest ladie i ever talk to all in all the fish are healthy there corals look great and always something new every week!!!!!!!!

I really like Beacon Aquarium. It is one of the best stores I have found in the area. Very nice people. They will even order something for you if they don't have it and they get it quickly. Just ask and you shall recieve. Thanks Jose ans Lourdes! Nicole :D

Another nice trip to Beacon yesterday. Added another 4 fish to the collection. This time I didn't get lost:)

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back