Best Sand Sifter?????

JMRegan

Jason and Michelle
My aquarium is running well right now but I see a line of brownish junk in the sand, right against the glass. I have about 30 Nassarius Snails in there now who are not getting it. I am just wondering if you guys and gals think i should just grab more snails or if you have experience with another sifter that keeps your sand nice and clean. I am looking for an invert but will think about a sifting fish if you think that is the way to go.

fighting conch ,tiger tail cucumber for inverts,diamond goby for a fish option

Well I always end up with a line of brown stuff where the glass and sand meet because I don't want to drag my mag float through the sand. So out comes the scraper.

I got brown green red and a few mix of other colors against the glass under the sand, never thought much of it becauser it don't seem to hurt anything.

strombus conch/fighting conch. Mine seems to stay near the glass, too. I like my diamond goby, he stays low while sifting, but I would pay $50 to get that darn yellow headed sleeper goby out of my tank! He picks up a mouthful, then swims up 6", and spits it all across my LPS in the sandbed:mad:

strombus conch/fighting conch. Mine seems to stay near the glass, too. I like my diamond goby, he stays low while sifting, but I would pay $50 to get that darn yellow headed sleeper goby out of my tank! He picks up a mouthful, then swims up 6", and spits it all across my LPS in the sandbed:mad:

deal im heading to concord ma later on thats if you serious ??

A tiger pistol shrimp will keep your sand turned over....... as long as you dont mind having the corals on your sand bed buried. I have mine in my clown/nem tank...... and man he moves alot of substrate..... I have no corals in that tank so it is fine. But I have heard of them also picking up small frags and carrying into their burrows.

deal im heading to concord ma later on thats if you serious ??
I said that because he's in a 155 gal bowfront with about 250lbs of rock, I can't catch him without tearing the tank apart. It was a joke, unless you are a wizard of some sort, and can make him dissapear or something, because I'm not dismantling my tank just to get him out.

I get em out!! lol..

I said that because he's in a 155 gal bowfront with about 250lbs of rock, I can't catch him without tearing the tank apart. It was a joke, unless you are a wizard of some sort, and can make him dissapear or something, because I'm not dismantling my tank just to get him out.

i just see it as a win win all around because not to long you we re offer me a free coral if i was a paid member but at that time i wasnt a paid member and my levels where way to high for corals im all set now my level are right where they need to be and im a paid member . So if there still available ill take them if thats ok but i only have a pc light im getting a t-5 light on friday plus you have a 72 bow i would love to see what you did with it and you have my all time favorvite tank 155 bow so its a must see and ill could use those $50 ill do some studing and be a master of that goby i could use one like em so like i said win all around lol i could stop by friday! lkm? lol

Back