Black Ice snowflake clown

Josh S

Non-member
Hey guys I order a pair of sa's black ice snowflake clowns from the lfs I mainly buy from. so my question is are they fragile (poor shippers hard to acclimate ect) ? I've done google searches and haven't seen much info on them. Any info you could give would be much appreciated.

Clownfish as a whole are pretty hearty fish. I haven't read or seen anything saying anything different but I would think they should be fine.

I did ask and now I'm asking here I like to have more than one opinion. I know clowns tend to be Hardy but there are a few that are not I'm just making sure.

Hello mine came in from texas late and still in perfect health no worries the weather is still good here.I knew what you were asking just p-nut has to rub everyone the wrong way he or she has done this way more then to many times just my 2cents good luck

From what I personally have seen, color morphs don't seem to positively or negatively affect a clown's hardiness.

I have a pair of non-brand-name Grade A Picasso from a very lousy pet store (Deathco) and they are EXTREMELY colorful and healthy and eat anything I feed and are super friendly.
They even gently eat food right from my fingers if I pinch flakes (though I rarely put my hands in the tank ofcourse).

Can't get the buggers to host anything though... Lol. I bought a large frogspawn since my old clowns in my old 29g hosted a frogspawn and loved it, but these guys don't care. Lol go figure.
I'd get an anemone, buuut... I hate anemones. Lol. They freak me out on the fact that they could randomly go for a walk and kill my prized corals.

Back