blue v. white lunar link moon lights

B.rian

i would rather be diving
i am placing an order with marine depot dry goods, and i am going to purchase lunar link lights. the question is, do i buy blue or white? i know it is a matter of preference, but does anyone have any input as to which color they prefer? i thought that the white may look nice, but who knows. anyone?

I have the blue,if you realy wan,t to see whats going on maybe white is better.
I just think the blue looks snazzy.

are you able to post a picture of the whites? i have never actually saw them in anyones tank. thanks.

I like blue because of the actinic like glow on the corals and blue looks more like night time. If you want to see white would look like buy one of the LED keychain lights that are really bright and see if you like it, they come in different colors as well. They probably are not 420nm (no actinic like effect on coral) like the moonlights but would give an indication of what is asthetically (SP?) pleasing.

Steve

i think i am going to go with the blues. and my girlfriend likes them, so yeah. anyone have any info on wide angle LEDs v. regular LEDs?

I have 3 on a 4 ft tank. Mine are white on both ends and blue in the middle. I like the combo but will probablly be changing to blue on either end and white in the middle (actinic glow all over with a bit of a bright spot in the middle to mimic the point source - moon)

that sounds like an interesting combo, blue on the ends and white in the middle. i am probably going to buy lunar link lights from marine depot. each link has 2 LEDs. would 6, 4 blue and 2 white, be too much on a 55g 4 ft tank?

I have 3 blue on my 90 and it seems like more than enough. Seems like it could be a bit much but really depends on what you like.

Back