Breeding Clownfish

Is there any clownfish left? I am looking to make a purchase ASAP because one of my clowns jumped out of the tank and my other has been looking for her ever since. Thanks.

Are you available this evening? I sent you a PM. Feel free to contact me via text at 4015803351.

I started breeding Picassos again. First two clutches are 5 DPH.

One clutch is from my ORA pair - these are the ones that throw the helmets and cheekspots.
One is from my Bali Aquarich Female x Proaquatics Male - I haven't produced any yet, but they are high quality fish - nothing you will see in a store.

I plan to hatch some snowflakes this weekend - since I've never raised this pair's fish before. I want to see what I get.

i have a question about clowns i have a pair and they like to hide behind the rock. do they do that all the time???

Hey president89 how did you find a pair that breed I'm been trying. I'm in south Plymouth if you start another tank and have anything to sell let me know ty

Very hard to find breeding pairs. You can buy online but they cost a lot - typically $500+. I recommend finding one adult clown anything over 2.5" is almost definitely female. Then you can pair just about any small fish, and that will be male. Most people don't sell females though because by the time a clown is 3" it has probably become a pet.

how long did it take for the clownfish to pair off. I have had a pair of picassos for about 4 months now, and I have noticed that one has gotten bigger (making her the female) but she does not take too kindly to the male, and does not allow the male into my rose bubble tip anemone. Just wondering if they will ever like each other, or if I am just impatient, or what. Just want to hear from the expert. :)

I have a red sea max 130c and it has 2 picasso clownfish 2 bangaii cardinals 1 six line wrasse and a blue lined goby I also have some acans a green plate coral and some other soft corals.

how long did it take for the clownfish to pair off. I have had a pair of picassos for about 4 months now, and I have noticed that one has gotten bigger (making her the female) but she does not take too kindly to the male, and does not allow the male into my rose bubble tip anemone. Just wondering if they will ever like each other, or if I am just impatient, or what. Just want to hear from the expert. :)

I have a red sea max 130c and it has 2 picasso clownfish 2 bangaii cardinals 1 six line wrasse and a blue lined goby I also have some acans a green plate coral and some other soft corals.

Create a thread and I can reply. I don't want to clutter this thread.

Back