BRS/SWAM(Maine club)/NHReefers Joint Meet and Frag Farmer Event –Portsmouth, NH

delta

Impatient Reefer
The theme of the meeting is folks showcasing what type of stuff they’ve been aquaculturing. This means corals, other inverts, and fish. Any members that would like to can set up a small tank at the meeting to show us their stuff, and to swap or sell what they would like. We ask that the stuff on display be stuff that they have raised THEMSELVES.

There will be a nominal charge of $20 per tank (up to 10 gallons, $30 for anything larger than 10 gallons, payable at the meeting) for anyone who wants to ‘lease space’ to set up a tank. This is a registration fee. You are generally expected to bring your own tank/lighting/bags/extension cords/markers for the tanks/water/towels for cleaup, etc.

Remember, if you need a tank for this meeting, small used tanks are very frequently for sale in the marketplace forums. Check there, or place a ‘wanted to buy’ add in the marketplace forum and perhaps someone will bring a tank for you in to this meeting. Extra lighting systems are also frequently available used. Remember, you can display your wares however you like. A Tupperware container with a desk lamp over it might be enough if your stuff is really good!

I recommend that people planning to bring livestock in plan ahead of time to get to the meeting on time so you can get your corals into your tank so that they recover from any handling stress and look good when people come around looking at them.

This meeting will also be a ‘clean out your closet’ type meeting. Anyone with used equipment lying around is encouraged to bring it in for swapping/selling at this meeting. Since people will be milling about looking at the tanks, it’s a great time to have such equipment out on display.

The doors will open at 11:00am for people setting up tanks, and open to all other members at Noon.

For any additional questions please post below.

The details then:

Date: Saturday September 12th.

Time: 11:00am to set up. Noon open to all.

To display your stuff you need to lease 'space' at the event, $20 for a 10 gallon, $30 for anything larger

Schedule of meeting:

11:00am - Setup

Noon - General membership arrives

12:15 PM - Announcements

Noon - 3:00 PM. Massive frag and old equipment swapping mayhem. New member registration.
Drop of samples for water testing. Library book check out. General reef discussion, etc.

~2 PM Pizza delivery

~2:30PM Raffle drawing

3:00 PM Clean up.

Last edited:
Figures

I've been waiting for this meeting forever., But i booked to go away with my side of the family 6 months ago.:mad: Wish i could blow it off..:(
Michelle

Cool! I recently fragged some slower growing stuff I only frag once every year or two. Should be a blast. You might want to let some of the local clubs know maybe on RC? (if you've not already done so) as there is often a lot of interest. When the Conn. club ran their last event like this (their 2nd annual) it was probably 2X the size of the first.

ill be there, for the first time, just started a reef tank in march so im a little excited to finally go to a meating. i have had drill every weekend the meating are on so

I believe i will be going and taking a tankful of great stuff including high end chalice frags,micro's, tyree LE's,duncans,zoa's and various other sps.

If I'm still out of work because of the ankle I want to try to make it :p

I believe i will be going and taking a tankful of great stuff including high end chalice frags,micro's, tyree LE's,duncans,zoa's and various other sps.

Glad to hear this. :)
I hope to have a chance to shop a little this year. I got so busy last year I couldn't leave my tank for about 2 hours, which by then, others nice stuff had already sold.
Also noticed last year that a few folks tried getting top-dollar internet prices and were pretty disappointed they had to take frags home. I refused to take any of the 50 odd frags I brought home and priced accordingly... in fact I think I gave away the last 4 or 5 pieces left. :D
Fish and used equipment sold good as well.
This was a fantastic event with people lined up several deep in front of most every tank there, so don't miss it folks!

PS - I've trimmed virtually all of the growth off of a not-so-much-seen orange / purple Acanthastrea rotundiflora to bring several 1"+ frags, as well as some nice sps, lps, and zoas... something for everyone's taste and budget!

Last edited:
Hey it was great meeting all you guys! I really can't wait to go to the BRASS conference now!

If I were going straight home after the meet I would have bought some livestock... :(

-Luca

figures the meeting thats 3 and a half hours from me is a big sell all your used equip and now i decide to set up a tank.... GO ME !~!~!~

Back