calcium reactor regulator

bill120mph

Non-member
I have the Milwaukee MA 957 regulator, every time I set it within 24 hrs it stops letting anything thru and has to be turned up a little more. I did the Initial set with the needle valve all the way open and slowly as well as the tank valve all the way open. I then slowly turned the pressure gauge open.
I just bought this used from another member. Are there parts I need to check/clean in the regulator? Is the regulator no good? any help would be great.
Thanks
Bill

You might not have the reg turned up enough? I would give the Milwaukee a call, they are real helpful.

Turned out there must have been something stuck in there. I opened the lid to the bubble counter , emptied the water than cranked the valve open for a minute so it blew out thru the bubble counter refilled and replaced the cap and it stopped happening .

I am starting to think this regulator is no good, it dumped the whole 20lb tank overnight, it was running great for 2 weeks and then it emptied.this is the second time this has happend. I just took it apart and the parts have some sediment on them.. looks like some water got in. I know not to use oil in the regulator but can you clean the parts with something and reassemle? what do you seal the threads with when you do this?
Thanks.
Bill

I use to run a reactor, I had 2 milw regulators, both went on me........one time the ph of my tank dived to 7, now I dose two part

if I remember correctly they are the less expensive regulators?

I dont know for sure, It was used and I didnt ask. the outside looks new but that doesnt mean much the parts do have light oxidation on them.. is it time for a new regulator?

I use to run a reactor, I had 2 milw regulators, both went on me........one time the ph of my tank dived to 7, now I dose two part

if I remember correctly they are the less expensive regulators?

I go away a lot on weekends in the summer so I need something with stability and doesn't need daily attention. I have people to feed , but no one qualified to dose anything.

Does anyone know of an extremely reliable regulator? If you do where did you buy it and how much?
Thanks again!!
Bill

I would still also like to know if you can clean them and re assemble, when you do what would you seal the threads with. I am contemplating soaking in DWD40 and air drying over night as it says noi oil... and oil and co2 can be very bad.

I figured it out, the right gauge was blown and leaking from its bellows, it had a small hole in it the leak got bigger and drew the water back from the bubble counter into the regulator. Since that gauge is basically useless I removed it and capped it seems to be working great again..

U need to make sure your bubble counting vessel & the tube are free from detrius...Clean it out good cause if there is any silt in there it will block the co2 from entering. (& if you have any small leak in the fittings or line to the co2 tank it will find a place to release!!

The best set it & forget it reg set up (if ur gonna buy new is an aquamedic) it only has one knob for opening the tank...the other knob is sealed & factory preset... the only adjustment is the small bubble counter knob... the reg setups with two knobs can be ruined very easily. If you turn in one of the knobs too tight (the pressure on on the two knob set up) you will score the diaphram & render the reg usless..

heres the aquamedic:

http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/control/product/~product=CO-AB73009

hth...u probably got one that was turned in too tight at one point...scoring the diaphram or seat!!!

your inbox is full please clear it and let me know I will send the info.
Thanks again
Bill
U need to make sure your bubble counting vessel & the tube are free from detrius...Clean it out good cause if there is any silt in there it will block the co2 from entering. (& if you have any small leak in the fittings or line to the co2 tank it will find a place to release!!

The best set it & forget it reg set up (if ur gonna buy new is an aquamedic) it only has one knob for opening the tank...the other knob is sealed & factory preset... the only adjustment is the small bubble counter knob... the reg setups with two knobs can be ruined very easily. If you turn in one of the knobs too tight (the pressure on on the two knob set up) you will score the diaphram & render the reg usless..

heres the aquamedic:

http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/control/product/~product=CO-AB73009

hth...u probably got one that was turned in too tight at one point...scoring the diaphram or seat!!!

Back