Can I plumb a chiller into my Closed Loop inline?

Cherokee_Dude

Non-member
Just wondering if I might I lose/gain any cooling efficiency if so? I was thinking I might actually be pushing slightly warmer water into the chiller than necessary as it cycles completely through the tank and under halides before returning to be cooled again.

Would I be setting up a warmer water area in the top of the water column since my CL return line is ~12" below the top water level?

Is the difference negligible?

I was planning on using a ball valve to control the flow to the chiller...
Also, thinking about putting an Ocean's Motion 4 way just after the 'T' for the chiller off of the CL pump

There's an optimal flow rate through a chiller. More or less will not let it work efficiently. You could in theory use the oceans motion to restrict flow to the optimal rate but then you are not using the OM for what it's intended - moving lots of water randomly.

Thanks Mauro...
I'm thinking that because of the below constraints the flow rate s/b constant to the chiller.

1. OM will always have the same output since it's basically pushing water through the same size diameter opening through varying/changing outputs, thus constant/consistent flow to different points. Kind of like 2 - 1/2" openings having the same flow rate as a single 1".

2. The T, will be ball valved prior to even reaching the OM device and I can push it back into the return/drain for the CL completing the water cycle

BTW, Wassup!!!

Back