Can somebody PLEASE help me find an Oceanic Illuminata 57 Stand???

Honestly, I don't even know if i'm going to upgrade my tank anymore.
Every single time I think i've found the perfect tank, I end up hating it, and I refuse to just settle for one.

I want to keep it under 65 gallons but above 30 and rimless so it's a nightmare to find.
And I don't want acrylic. It's very stressful too find.

I'm about to just go glass cages and say problem solved. Lol.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't even know if i'm going to upgrade my tank anymore.
Every single time I think i've found the perfect tank, I end up hating it, and I refuse to just settle for one.

I want to keep it under 65 gallons but above 30 and rimless so it's a nightmare to find.
And I don't want acrylic.

Yup, I was in the same boat. I used to always think I needed a bigger and better tank with bigger and better equipment. Not saying that quality does not matter. I was never satisfied with my tank and was looking for "Reefing Nirvana" like I had OCD. I've been chilling on my tank, maintaining it, letting it grow out and I'm actually enjoying more and not so stressed out.

You have to go thru a couple of upgrades/downgrade before you know exactly what size tank you want
It took me a while before i settled on the right size tank. You are just the same as me, i downgraded from a 65g to a 30g and i am much happy with that.
I like to keep the water change to just a. Single bucket as oppose to two/three buckets.
Soon you think you have the right size tank, try to think that this will be your last tank and hopefully that will help you forget anout the upgrade bug

I'm going with a 65g 48x18x16 rimless starfire tank and that will be my final tank for at minimum, the next 10 years.

I do agree that having to do a WC larger than one bucket does suck horribly though. Lol. It'd be easier if I had an RO/DI, but the tank will be in my fiance's basement (we are converting it into an apartment) so I don't wanna push to put one in there as it IS their house and their water bill and plumbing and stuff. Haha. So looks like i'll be stuck in the 50 cents a gallon routine but on a 65g tank 20% WC is 13 gallons, and I have two 6 gallon jugs (the awesome Wal*Mart ones) so 12g WCs should be good enough IMO and if it seems to not keep clean enough maybe i'll buy another jug and do 18g WCs or something. It's a very short walk from my LFS to where I park my car and then the tank is in a basement at the bottom of a bulkhead entrance so transfering the 3 containers down there wouldn't be too horrifically bad.

65g 48x18x16 rimless is nice. good size tank and good height

where you go to get this 65g 48x18x16 tank? if you custom build this tank, you should have the tank drill for use with the sunp

It will be custom built by GlassCages.com and I am having it drilled two holes, one on either side. The left side will have a Glass-Holes.com overflow box installed, while the other side will have the return line from the sump.
A 20 gallon long sump will be custom made by GlassCages.com to fit into the stand of which they will also build.

It comes out to $900 or so for a 65 gallon rimless starfire (on front glass only as IDC about the sides) tank with two holes drilled, black silicone job, a custom stand, and a 20 gallon long sump with custom baffles. Including the shipping to Boston, MA where I will pick it up.
Pretty darn good deal to me.

To help you save money on the sump. you could buy a 20g from petco $20 and build yourself a nice sump.
I think Glasscages do a great job on the clear silicon, no need to pay the additional $75 for black silicon

Do you know which glass holes box you going to use? They have different bulkhead size for each box. You do not want the hole on the tank to be too big for the box bulkhead or too small for the box bulkhead. So figure out which overflow box you want and tell Glasscages to drill the same size that fit the bulkhead from the overflow box

Looks like their next trip to Boston won't be until August 5. You will meet them at holiday inc hotel in Sharon/ma to pickup from their truck

Last edited:
Yeah I have to decide what the proper GPH overflow would be for the tank and then find the proper overflow then find the bulkhead size then have them drill that size.

And yes I have contemplated building my own sump to save some cash.
The black silicone I decided against after finding out it costs extra (which makes no sense considering the actual silicone itself is the same price at any store regardless of clear or black...)

I'm not going to order the tank until early to mid august so it'll likely be a September/October pick up depending how long it takes to be built.

For glass hole overflow

It will be ver hard for you to think where you want the holes to be drilled on the tank without having the overflow box
If you are mot ver sure, i would contact glass holes to get the dimension of the box, is the hole on the box center of the box etc,,,,,,
That way you can exactly tell glasscages where to drill the holes

I went thru all these before and my glasscages tank came out perfect for tje box

Just so you lnow, glass holes overflow kit come with the bulkheads

Good luck

Nope. We are finishing the basement to be an apartment separate from the rest of the house.

They didn't give me nor my fiance a specific reason as to why they won't allow a 65g in the basement, but in an effort to keep both the in-laws and my fiance happy, I obliged (unhappily).

So now i've been looking at the Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 & the CadLights 2013 22g. Neither aquarium is something I specifically want (how could I after having planned a 65g starfire... lol) but I guess it will have to do. Hopefully they let me keep THAT down here... Cuz right now my 5g pico is getting very overgrown with my nepthea and I don't want to frag it. Plus I could use room for my ever-growing acans and blastos.

I don't get why I can have a 5g, possible a 16g-22g, and yet a 65g is an issue, lol. Oh well... Maybe i'll ask again about the 65g another time.

Nope. We are finishing the basement to be an apartment separate from the rest of the house.

They didn't give me nor my fiance a specific reason as to why they won't allow a 65g in the basement, but in an effort to keep both the in-laws and my fiance happy, I obliged (unhappily).

So now i've been looking at the Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 & the CadLights 2013 22g. Neither aquarium is something I specifically want (how could I after having planned a 65g starfire... lol) but I guess it will have to do. Hopefully they let me keep THAT down here... Cuz right now my 5g pico is getting very overgrown with my nepthea and I don't want to frag it. Plus I could use room for my ever-growing acans and blastos.

I don't get why I can have a 5g, possible a 16g-22g, and yet a 65g is an issue, lol. Oh well... Maybe i'll ask again about the 65g another time.

Do yourself a favor...scrap the tank idea for 5 or so years and save up for your own place lol

I get the feeling that's why they don't want it. Because the price to set up and maintain a 65g mixed reef. I get the feeling they'd rather we save that money and put it towards our own place. Which is ofcourse very understandable.
So for now I just need to plan out what nano to get, because like it or not, my 5g is overgrown and I need an upgrade. Still going between the nuvo 16 and cadlights 22g. I really don't know which I like better. The cadlights is obviously bigger so that's nice, and has a nicer light from the factory, but it also doesn't fit on my dresser and would need it's own stand.

Back